Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlatinumGames

Company »

The spirit of Clover Studio lives on in PlatinumGames, a development house started by ex-Clover employees.

Thrilled but worried

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

This E3 we saw not 1, not 2, but 3 PlatinumGames games announced. Now, I like Platinum as much as the next guy but does it seem like they are getting stretched a little thin like Telltale? It's great that without necessarily the sales behind them, they are still getting recognized as awesome developers by publishers but do you think quality will suffer now that they are juggling 4 games? (The 4th being Scalebound which was no where to be seen this year)

Their original work Bayonetta and Vanquish are great but Metal Gear Rising reeked of quick mercenary work and they've also had misses like MadWorld and Legend of Korra.

What do you guys think?

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nah. Transformers is defiantly a very small project just like Korra. The big one around the office is Scalebound, but that's coming early 2016. The new Nier will take a good long while according to Yoko so probably early 2017. Seems very pretty spaced out to me.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I read, Platinum Games isn't doing all the work on Star Fox Zero. It sounds more like they're splitting the work between Nintendo and Platinum. In the case of the Transformers game, that game is fairly simple and probably doesn't require a large team. The Nier game probably won't be out until 2017. The majority of their resources are probably being invested in Scalebound.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wonder how big PlatinumGames actually are? Because i would argue its Telltale isnt nearly working on as big of a load as Platinum now. Their games are essentially visual novels at this point (with tech already built). But Platinums announced titles vary in artstyles, or even genres to some degree. And both transformers and Starfox are to be released this year, right? Other two were not given release dates (year)? SO does anyone know what is their size?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll be fine. Platinum has something close to 200 people. Transformers is a small project like Legend of Korra(wouldn't surprise me if it's the exact same team) and Star Fox is being co-developed by EAD No.5, both of which are coming out fairly soon so that'll clear up staff. Nier went into pre-production last year so that's probably barely started actual development. Scalebound is probably taking up most of their resources right now and I expect that to come out Q1/Q2.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That "quick mercenary work" Metal Gear Rising Revengance was very well recieved.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Their original works are astounding, but they don't seem to sell...

I would assume all these other projects mean nothing but good things for them in the long run.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Yeah, MGR was a top 5 2013 game.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Metal Gear is my favorite game series and character action is one my favorite genre and MGR doesn't satisfy in either categories. It's a passable game but a developer like Platinum can do 10 times better.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Yeah, MGR was a top 5 2013 game.

Hell yesh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.