Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Easiest method of taking screenshots/capturing video from a PS2?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all, I have some major holidays soon-ish, so I'll have a lot of free time and I've been thinking about trying to do a longer blog-like write up of a game here, with it likely to be an older PS2 game (current shortlist is Silent Hill 4 or Digital Devil Saga 1/2). What I was wondering about is what is the easiest method to capture video or take screenshots off of a PS2? Though I can emulate and know how to, I would prefer not to, especially as I only recently found out how good a PS2 can look with a component cable, and PCSX2 comes with a bit of jank for almost every game.

I also ask about video because I do have some ideas about beginning a simple stream eventually, but that's for another day. That is a long way away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.