Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

PS2 20th Anniversary

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This week marks the 20th anniversary of the PS2 launch in Japan. I didn't hear it mentioned on this week's Bombcast. Reckon the crew have anything lined up to celebrate the best console of all time? 🥰

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They should do an endurance run of Metal Gear Solid 2...I mean Persona 3...I mean Kingdom Hearts...dammit!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they could play through the ps2 launch titles. But one, they may have done that before in the past and two, a lot of them aren’t very good.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm so old. Granted, I didn't buy my PS2 until 9/8/2001 (can't imagine why I would remember the Saturday that I purchased my PS2...). I remember when there were rumors/concerns that Saddam Hussein was purchasing has many PS2s as he could to power his nuclear missile program.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By rahulricky

I didn't get a PS2 until 2004, when the hype around San Andreas co-incided with a student maintenance loan lump sum showing up in my bank account. What a great little console.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless there'll be a surprise stream, it doesn't seem too likely we'll get a dedicated one. Might play something on UPF or then they'll just wait until October, for when PS2 launched in NA.

I bought mine only around 2007, when the PS3 was already out, I guess? Just wanted to get my hands on God of War 1&2, which alone were enough for me to justify it's purchase. Was already the following year or 2009, when I sold it off to buy a bunch of PS3 stuff.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

PS2 era was the best time to be playing video games. Yes, I'm saying Vinny is wrong.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It beats the SNES, in my opinion. Just a stacked library, although some are hard to go back to.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#9 fisk0  Moderator
    @glots said:

I bought mine only around 2007, when the PS3 was already out, I guess?

I did the same thing, couldn't afford any new consoles at the time, but the PS2 Slim versions got pretty cheap by 2007-08. My first games for it was Capcom's Arcade Classics Collections 1 and 2, so they weren't exactly pushing the hardware to the limits either.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn’t find a memory card for months.

Norante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hold that the original PlayStation 2 had the best industrial design of all consoles, maybe to this day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.