Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Best PS3 Joystick!

willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By willylo

Looking for any opinions/views on a solid joystick for the PS3 or the 360. I'm looking to create an arcade board to setup infront of my TV for SFIV haven't decided fully which system to go with, but leaning more for PS3 due to friends.

I've seen a few Hori sticks but no real information about how well they work and such. Any information would be great!

Can't wait for SFIV!!!!

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By agent_lost

I know that they going to releases a arcade grade stick went SF4 is out for 130$ but that all the info i got.

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By shimbibby

I'm on the exact same boat as you Willy. Not sure what console/arcade stick to get. Every time a new fighting game comes out I always say "ok, im gonna get a fight stick and the game" but i never end up doing it...SF4 is different though!
    I was checking Amazon and they had
    Fight Stick 3
    it looks pretty nice but im still unsure of the quality and value.
    That could always be a good option though.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StressedOutCat

Most tournament people always use Hori Real Arcade Pro
    Which is basically made out of Sanwa parts ( same parts they use in arcade cabinets )

Ps3 version is called Hori Real Arcade Pro 3
    ( this one comes in 3 different color schemes )
    Xbox 360 version is called Hori Real Arcade Pro.EX

Please Keep in mind that both these sticks as shown in the picture are Pretty big in size ( the shape and size can be compared to a PS3 )
    If you want something smaller I would suggest ( as shimbibby mentioned earlier ) the Hori Fighting Stick 3

There are also some official arcade sticks coming from Mad Catz for Street Fighter 4

gcacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gcacho

I had a Hori but I broke it after punching the buttons. You have to be sort of gentle with them. (Friendly reminder, never play fighting games drunk.) The problem I have with the smaller sticks is that they move around too much if you place them on a coffee table, etc. You also have to get used to the lollipop joystick. I prefer the tear drop happ ones better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.