Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Can use hard disk via USB?

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I have an old computer hard disk (150 GB I think it is) and I was wondering if I can simply connect it to the USB ports and it will get recognised as a storage device? Will it treat it as the main storage device? What's the deal with this?

roylink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roylink

For a PS3, I really dought it will be your main storage device. Also,  Interneal Hard Drive is faster then a USB Hard drive. 

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By chililili
    L said:
    "I have an old computer hard disk (150 GB I think it is) and I was wondering if I can simply connect it to the USB ports and it will get recognised as a storage device? Will it treat it as the main storage device? What's the deal with this?"
    It will be slower and you can't use it for game saves/installs only for videos and music and images

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.