Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Does anyoen know anything about the Power A Elite PS3 controller?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

I really am curious about this thing, but ive heard some reports of massive Dead Zone in the sticks. I dont want to waste 40 dollars on something that might regret, so I might just but the 20 dollar wired version. But then again you cant really assume that a wireless pad is going to perform as well as a wired one. Does anyone know anything about the wireless version of this controller? I really want to get a PS3 controller that feels close to the 360 controller. i cant find any reviews from big name sites about it like IGN.com or whatever that know what theyre doing.    

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B003V4AK8E  

Im deciding between this and the Raven Controller.  

http://www.amazon.com/Sensing-Wireless-Controller-Alternate-Playstation-3/dp/B003RDEUSA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1297299239&sr=1-2  

hear both have large dead zones.
    tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By tobygw

Neither of these look too good. Unless you absolutely hate the PS3 controller, I would presume that you would be getting one of these to get a competitive edge in online gaming as it is more like what you are accustomed to. However because of the dead zones this would be a terrible idea to get for that purpose. 

Long story short. Stick with normal PS3 controller and learn to deal with it.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By teekomeeko

Anecdotally, I haven't heard anything good about either of those, and last time I saw them in a store while shopping for other things (namely controller of smaller size for my nephew), they looked like cheaply-make junk.

If you are so desperate to play with a 360 controller at all times I say just play the 360 or go with tobygw's solution of simply getting used to it. It's not like going from an exclusively motion-controlled gaming life to a gamepad - the two controllers are similar enough to warrant very little need to seek out such desperate solutions.

scottsinger13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By scottsinger13

i can help you the most with this considering i bought 2 of them during black friday. They are made very well and in my opinion feel nicer then the xbox 360 controller. Now having said that, i tried using both controllers on cod and gta 4 and other games, the dead zones were so bad i couldnt play any games. Even in gt5 i couldnt drive my car because u have to move the stick so much and then my car would lose control. I took both controllers back and bought another ps3 controller. Its such a shame because its such a nice controller, but the dead zones are soooo bad that every game is unplayable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.