Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

How to buy PSN things for the PSP?

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By matoya

This sounds like a silly question, but if I don't ask, I won't know.

My girlfriend is staying at my house over the weekend, and she's brought her PSP with her. As we were looking on the PSP store on the PSN (Via the PS3), she saw a game she was very interested in buying. How would we go about actually doing this? Would it be as simple as buying the game on the PS3, then just usb modeing the game over?

Cheers in advance

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

it's really weird how that works. from what i can remember, you buy the PSP game, and then you install it on your PS3 or something like that, and then from there you can transfer it to your PSP.  

so yea, it's pretty much buying it on the PS3 and usb transfer, but it installs on your hard drive, i guess for security reasons. that's what i remember, anyway. i haven't done something with a PS3 to PSP transfer in like, three years but it should be pretty simple. 

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By matoya

@AjayRaz said:

it's really weird how that works. from what i can remember, you buy the PSP game, and then you install it on your PS3 or something like that, and then from there you can transfer it to your PSP. so yea, it's pretty much buying it on the PS3 and usb transfer, but it installs on your hard drive, i guess for security reasons. that's what i remember, anyway. i haven't done something with a PS3 to PSP transfer in like, three years but it should be pretty simple.

That's weird. I'll see if I can pull anything off the PS website. Cheers though

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

I thought that the PSP could interface wirelessly with the PS3.  Me wrong?

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

You can just buy it on the PSP.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.