Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

pixeljunk monsters and eden

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By normajean777

After writing an open letter explaining his fiancée's frustrations with PixelJunk Monsters' difficulty, BPPS writer Ryan Hewson received a response back from Dylan Cuthbert, president of Q-Games, saying help was on the way. Cuthbert had alluded to a major PJM patch before, but now he explains some more details of what's coming to PJM and PixelJunk Eden.

The lord of PixelJunk says PJM will receive a free patch adding Trophies, along with Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert difficulties to the game. Online rankings will maintain the existing difficulty level for fairness -- which we guess is hard? Eden will also receive an expansion pack and may receive a "namby pamby mode" for a more casual experience -- we'd settle for some control mapping functions to seperate silk and jump ... not to mention mapping the instra-drop to a button instead of waggle. No dates on any of this, but we're contacting Sony about some form of ETA.

[Via PS3 Fanboy]

Well this is good for some people who thought the games were to hard so what do you guys think?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I have the game but have yet to ever really even try to progress in it lol, at least once it gets this update I'll definitely go ahead and play some.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

Hmm, this is good news. I can't even get past Level 3 of Easy in PixelJunk Monsters without one of the villagers dying, -_- Now I can save them, yay!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I loved this game, glad to see updates are going towards it.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By normajean777

yeah i have both and love both but im glad monsters difficulty is being tooken down a notch

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HA, nifty that the deb team listened to a letter of one dude and put in place 4 difficulty levels! When's the update coming? I'm rather interested. mostly in the trophies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah read this a few days ago and I was so happy I even left a comment on the guys blog. :P

My sister loved the game but she sucks at it. XD Same thing with some of my friends when we play co-op, so this will be awesome. :)

fatuous_waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fatuous_waffle

I couldn't get into Monsters, but Eden is pretty good.  I'm pleased as punch they're adding in a retard mode so I can actually win at that game.

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By robcat09

I adore the challenge of Eden, but can find it very frustrating at times. There's something maddening about reaching new-found heights with the clock almost run out, making a leap of faith to grab a time bonus, and plummeting 1,000 down to the ground with no time bonuses around anywhere.

What I am now trying to do is manage my time better. I go for lots of 5 pollen prowler combos and also always try to pollenate at least two seeds at once. Both of these yield a nice amount of time bonus to keep you going.

Anyone else have any strategies managing time in this game?

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clean

wow I bought PXM like an hour ago. Good Luck for Me!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.