Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Playstation Controller Possibilities

changgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By changgo

When all the info about a Playstation controller that you could split apart was circling a while ago, I had to wonder what the point of such a device could be. (There was the patent for the break apart one that featured one half that looked like the current motion controller - fair enough - I can see the point in that.)  Then, after seeing the footage of RE5 being played with a PS3 motion controller in one hand and a DualShock in the other, it all made sense (at least to me). Breaking apart the controller would allow one half to be used just like the Wii's nunchuck attachment. Perhaps.  Maybe.  Someday. Or not.

changgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By changgo

When all the info about a Playstation controller that you could split apart was circling a while ago, I had to wonder what the point of such a device could be. (There was the patent for the break apart one that featured one half that looked like the current motion controller - fair enough - I can see the point in that.)  Then, after seeing the footage of RE5 being played with a PS3 motion controller in one hand and a DualShock in the other, it all made sense (at least to me). Breaking apart the controller would allow one half to be used just like the Wii's nunchuck attachment. Perhaps.  Maybe.  Someday. Or not.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By m1k3

what people have to understand is that the ball at the end of the controller is just like those balls that are on motion suits. Its the same technology that game and movie developers use to track full motion body in CG. The ball is there for a reason.

changgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By changgo
    @m1k3: Just to clarify - the broken controller bit would be used in conjunction with the motion controller, which you describe above, to add to it an analogue control for movement in addition to the motion-tracking etc. (i.e. moving you character while using the motion controller to aim).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.