Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 PSP connectivity question

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Metasin

Is it possible through the remote play function to DL a PSP demo on to your PS3 and play it on PSP? Also, now that the full PSP games and Minis are on the PSN store is it possible to DL them to the PS3 and transfer them to my PSP memory stick? Any help is appreciated, thanks.    

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Metasin said:
    "  Is it possible through the remote play function to DL a PSP demo on to your PS3 and play it on PSP? Also, now that the full PSP games and Minis are on the PSN store is it possible to DL them to the PS3 and transfer them to my PSP memory stick? Any help is appreciated, thanks.     "
    wait, what?! download a PSP demo on to your PS3 and play it on PSP? whats the point of downloading it onto you ps3?!  

and yes you can download all the PSP stuff on the Playstation Store VIA PS3. 
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Metasin said:
    "  Is it possible through the remote play function to DL a PSP demo on to your PS3 and play it on PSP? Also, now that the full PSP games and Minis are on the PSN store is it possible to DL them to the PS3 and transfer them to my PSP memory stick? Any help is appreciated, thanks.     "
    If you have a connection set up on your PSP to WIRELESS...LY.. Connect to the PS3 then why not just use said connection to download from the PSP store?  
    I.. I .. Don't get it, did I misunderstand you? 
    I mean, why would you wanna download them to the PS3 and then to the PSP to play them? 
    Since PSP only games obviously can't be played on the PS3.
    Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Metasin

I don't have a wireless router so it is much easier for me to just connect to the PS3 via USB than to go somewhere with wi-fi just to get a demo.

Also, to answer my own question in case anybody was curious, yes this is completely possible.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Metasin said:
    " I don't have a wireless router so it is much easier for me to just connect to the PS3 via USB than to go somewhere with wi-fi just to get a demo. Also, to answer my own question in case anybody was curious, yes this is completely possible. "
    To both? I know the answer to your second question is yes, but I'm not so sure about being able to play PSP games through Remote Play. That would be very interesting if possible, though.
    Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Metasin
    @Kamasama: Sorry guess I wasn't very clear, you have to transfer them to the PSP it doesn't work through remote play. 
    klownboots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By klownboots
    @Metasin said:
    " @Kamasama: Sorry guess I wasn't very clear, you have to transfer them to the PSP it doesn't work through remote play.  "
    Damn, THAT would be amazingly awesome. Essentially making your PS3 a Cloud processor streaming psp games. Get on that Sony!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.