Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS4 Backwards Compatibility still up in the air

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShinjiEx

Their still may be hope

Famitsu: You’re saying the media will be blu ray. Can we play PS3 games on it?

Kawano: At the moment it’s not possible to play packaged software on the PS4.

Famitsu: Will you put PS3 games on the archives and release via PSN?

Kawano: As a concept, we are thinking of that – but we have to investigate that more thoroughly. It is an important part of our strategy. Besides, Gaikai has joined the company…

Feb 21st

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/scej-president-hiroshi-kawano-discusses-the-ps4-announcement/

No Caption Provided

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

That's not really backwards compatibility. You can buy PS2 games right now on PSN. I don't care about BC if it means I have to buy my games all over again. I'll just plug in my PS3.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

As long as I can play them without rebuying them, as in already having a PS3 to play them or some way to redeem them on PSN to stream them off gaikai. I can only buy these games so many times...unless it is P4, I will buy any and every version of it.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I read some speculation that the PS4 will still recognize past-gen game discs for proof of ownership and then stream that game for you without making you repurchase. Clearly, Sony hasn't decided on anything and it may not even be possiblr at this point; but I'm holding out a small sliver of hope for that solution in the future.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Appreciate the post but wasn't this what was stated during the meeting, and later during Shuhei's interviews?

Good pic choice though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.