September's Playstation Plus offers are pretty good guys.

#1 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

So they just announced all the deals this month for Playstation Plus and if you are a Resident Evil fan this is a good month to be part of Plus. Not only are they giving PS1 Classics of Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 for free they are selling Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica when they come out for 50% off, that's $10 each. Another big highlight this month is Plants Vs Zombies for free. I already have it on 3 other platforms but I'm not complaining. Here are the rest of the offers and a link to the Playstation Blog post. What do you guys think?

PlayStation Plus content list for September 2011

(Please keep in mind these are expected release dates. Some content outlined may be subject to change)

Free PSN Games and DLC:Plants vs. Zombies – 9/6
Astro Tripper – 9/6
Altered Beast – 9/6
Free Minis:Bashi Blocks – 9/6
Jellypops – 9/13
Street Smarts – 9/27
Free PS one Classics:Jet Moto – 9/6
Resident Evil Director’s Cut – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Resident Evil 2 – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Resident 3 – 9/20 (2 weeks)
Full Game Trials:BulletStorm – 9/13
Saint’s Row 2 – 9/20
Bolt – 9/20
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – 9/27
Discounts & Sale Offers:Alpha Mission – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
T.N.K. Iii – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
The Impossible Game – 25% off – 9/6
Vanguard Ii – Minis – 20% off – 9/6
MotorStorm Apocalypse Premiere Pack Bundle – 30% off – 9/13
Cubixx HD – 30% off – 9/20 (1 Week)
Resident Evil 4 – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)
Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD – 50% off – 9/20 (2 Weeks)
Armageddon Riders – 40% off – 9/6 (2 Weeks)

Lucasarts PSP PSN Sale – 50% off PSN Sale Price – 9/13 (1 Week)
-Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes PSP
-Star Wars: Battlefront II
-Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed PSP
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Apprentice Mission Pack
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Character Pack 1
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Character Pack 2
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Hoth Mission
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Tatooine Mission Pack

Free Themes:Plus Exclusive Clouds Dynamic Theme – 9/6
Cow Abduction Dynamic Theme – 9/20
Armageddon Rider Dynamic Theme – 9/27 ( 1 Week)
Free Avatars (One Week Only)Armageddon Rider – Armageddon Rider Avatar – 9/6
Armageddon Rider -Collider Zombie Avatar – 9/6
Armageddon Rider – Fast and Deadly Avatar- 9/6
Armageddon Rider – Hot Rod Avatar – 9/13
Armageddon Rider -Logo 1 Avatar – 9/13
Armageddon Rider – Logo 2 Avatar – 9/20
Armageddon Rider – Zombiemower Avatar – 9/20
Media:Qore Episode 40, September 2011 – 9/6 – Early Access
#2 Posted by RecSpec (3681 posts) -

Can't fuckin wait to download Altered Beast again.

Seriously though, this is probably the best PS+ month since it started last year.

#3 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

@RecSpec: There have been some good selections here and there but I tend to agree.

#4 Posted by Grissefar (2843 posts) -

Wow, I might get that just for PvZ, RE4 and the new Bloodrayne. I just don't know what the EU section offers, and thanks to some useless sites, it's impossible to find out.

#5 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

Really? I've been waiting to sub to PS+, and I think I'm still gonna wait. I already have PvZ, I own Altered Beast, and I find that the full game trials take forever to download and install, and I have a really good internet connection. Maybe PS+ just isn't for me...at least at this point.

#6 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

@huntad said:

Really? I've been waiting to sub to PS+, and I think I'm still gonna wait. I already have PvZ, I own Altered Beast, and I find that the full game trials take forever to download and install, and I have a really good internet connection. Maybe PS+ just isn't for me...at least at this point.

I really like the service. From the free games, Qore, online storage for saves (which is great when you have 2 PS3's), the auto update feature and discounts I've found it very useful for my needs. For example I bought Limbo and Sonic 4 for $11 instead of $15 which is a pretty good discount among other discounts I've got whether it's DLC or other games. It's certainly not for everyone, your situation looks like you won't get a lot out of it, but for some heavy PSN users it's great.

#7 Posted by 49th (2546 posts) -

Awesome, I really like PS+ even though I already have Plants vs Zombies on 2 things T_T

#8 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Jellypops dude..

#9 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

Are the same deals coming to Europe? I really hope so. Would love to play through RE2 again.

#10 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

wow all three RE games for free and HD RE4 for 10 bucks.

#11 Posted by JTB123 (1045 posts) -

I think I'll get it for this month, there's too much on there for me to ignore. 

#12 Posted by AmatureIdiot (983 posts) -

Well it looks like I will be buying the HD Resi games after all.

Weird timing though surely the zombie theme would make more sense next month.

#13 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -
@Hizang

Jellypops dude..

Obviously the reason to sign up for Plus this month.
#14 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

@RE_Player92: I totally agree with you that it's a great service. I really want to subscribe to it so I can get some exclusive stuff. I wanted to just for the Assassin's Creed Revelations Beta, but I thought it'd be a waste to subscribe just for a beta. Still, I might if it doesn't come out for regular PSN users. Do you know if it will? I don't know if I like Qore, and the online storage would be an unused feature as I don't play games elsewhere besides home and I have plenty of storage space. I definitely do not like the Minis as I've played a lot of them and don't find them very entertaining for me, personally.

So, the things that would appeal to me are the free games (although you don't get to keep them, right?), the automatic updates, the free DLC (which wildly varies), and the discounts. It's a hard sell, but I can certainly see the appeal. I wish we could keep a certain amount of the PSOne games at least.

#15 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

This is a great month to have PS+. Definitely be picking up RE4, RE1, RE:CV, PvZ.

#16 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

@huntad: It's true that whatever you get for free with your subscription will run out at the end of your subscription, fortunately for me I expect to be Plus member fo life :P. Whatever you pay for though at the discount price, whether it's a game or dlc, you keep forever.

#17 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

This is a great month to have PS+. Definitely be picking up RE4, RE1, RE:CV, PvZ.

You not gonna pick up RE2 & 3? Even though they are free?

#18 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

Dude, I got Braid for like three bucks thanks to PS+. Never looking back.

I've always wanted to get my Resident Evil on, so I'll definitely be going through these games.

I just can't believe RE4 is going to be $10 for us.

#19 Posted by msavo (7522 posts) -

@N7: Braid for $3, Limbo for $11, Back to the Future series for $10, Risk Factions and Pixeljunk Shooter 2 for $5 are probably my best Plus deals.

#20 Edited by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:

@N7: Braid for $3, Limbo for $11, Back to the Future series for $10, Risk Factions and Pixeljunk Shooter 2 for $5 are probably my best Plus deals.

I'm really not sure why I didn't jump on that BttF deal since BttF is my favorite movie. 
@Creamypies said:

@Redbullet685 said:

You not gonna pick up RE2 & 3? Even though they are free?

When I got my PS3 last year, I got a $50 PSN card, and immediately bought RE2 and 3. Already have RE:DS so I didn't feel the need to buy it on PSN. Now its free, so why not.
#21 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Yes yes and yes. I resubbed to pick up the AC:R beta (totally worth it by the way - improves on AC:B in every way and the game performs way better), but this is easily the best month of PS+ since it started.

#22 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

It's going to be cheaper to sign up for 3 months of plus and buy both HD RE games than it would be to just buy both REs raw.

#23 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

Wait soooo if i buy anything on sale and i cancel psn plus oneday...do i get to keep my stuff????

#24 Edited by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -
@Juicebox: You get to keep stuff that you paid for no matter what, even if it was on sale.   You would lose stuff like the free games.  But you get to keep other free things like themes and avatars.  It's kind of confusing.
#25 Posted by Tearhead (2104 posts) -

I added up all the games/add-ons I got for free and the discounts for stuff I would have otherwise paid full price for if I didn't have PS+ and it came up to $41. Considering I'm about to hit the 7 month mark on my $50/year subscription, I'd say it's safe to say PS+ is going to pay for itself and then some by the time my year runs out (not including the additional months added from subscribing and the Welcome Back Program). Not to mention the features such as automatic updates and cloud saving.

#26 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

Not bad if my primary console was the PS3. Not enough for me to throw down cash on that thing though. I'll admit that the Resident Evil deals had me intrigued but then I remembered that I want achievements, not silly trophies.

#27 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

@Redbullet685: I think I got confused, because I'm pretty sure RE2 & 3 ain't out on the EU PSN... yet.

#28 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

Wow now those are so good fucking deals. Makes me want to sign up.

#29 Posted by MatPaget (1114 posts) -

I love PlayStation Plus and will be re-subbing when my service ends! Already downloaded the current free games and I can't wait to get both HD REs for the price of one.

#30 Posted by Tsoglani (571 posts) -

Damn, there's some great deals there this month. Making me contemplate signing up for PS+ now: hmmm, what to do?

#31 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

Meh, it all looks like crap.

#32 Posted by CounterShock (419 posts) -

I'm stoked on finally getting to play RE4 again, I already bought 2 on PSN, but if I get 1 and 3, plus discounts on 4 and CV, I might just have to sign up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.