Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Sony needs to push Remote Play functionality much much more!!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

its such an awesome feature. i was just using this feature with a friends psp while we were out and spotted a wi-fi hot spot. dude, that is the coolest friggin feature ever. the guy has a playstation eye, so we were able to check out his wife and kid watching tv in the living room and theyre like, wth did you hear that thing beep and they were so confused. but its sweet, videos upload super fast as well as music. its such an awesome feature that i feel sony really is failing to promote. if more people realized how cool this feature was then im sure many more would have ps3's and psp's for this reason alone. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lol, I know dude its an amazing overlooked feature. They have already pushed it GREATLY, in terms of features, but yeah they need to push it in terms of advertising for sure.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeah, many people, im sure, would be amazed at how cool it is. being able to access the ps3 xmb anywhere in the world is awesome. my friend has several movies (mostly divx) and thousands of song that his ps3 uploads through the media server from his pc which also has tons of movies and video aswell. so heres how it works. his pc, which is connected to the internet, has hundreds of songs and videos, they get sent to the ps3, now you have your psp and your anywhere in the world with a hotspot and you're able to turn on your ps3, check out the songs an videos saved on both you ps3 and pc, use the internet feature on the ps3, watch youtube video, download more songs and videos to your ps3 from the internet, and then listen to those as well, be able to message your friends on psn, buy videos and songs and new games from the playstation store, and the stream them (even the hd movies) to your psp. ugh, its really awesome. 

anyone on here using this feature? as soon as i get my psp fixed i will be using it constantly
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By brukaoru

I agree. I think future PS1 games available for download should also allow remote play, that would be awesome. It would be great for advertising the game, "play it on your PSP too."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use it when I go to my friends house all the time.

You know what would be even COOLER? Well not cooler but pretty damn cool... Imagine PS3 remote play. So i can go to my friends house, turn on his PS3, and then turn on MY PS3 using HIS PS3, and do the same thing PSP remote play does, but on the big screen in better quality and whatnot.

Basically STREAMING my entire PS3 onto his.

Awesome sauce indeed.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By DrPepper1990

Never used it so I dont even know what it really is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrPepper1990 said:
    "Never used it so I dont even know what it really is.
    "
    Wowzers.
    somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By somesthetic

hotspots aren't very reliable around here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks. :( Well at least if you go to a friends house then. I'm in friggin Egypt atm, if only I brought my PSP!!!

You know how insane that would be? From US to Egypt? Wow.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Thunder
    Yea i definitley agree with this its an underrated feature
    Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Will1Lucky

I use it too play PS1 games, I really need a new memorystick, my 512mb is really weak and I really should have upgraded it when I got it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunder said:
    "Yea i definitley agree with this its an underrated feature"

Are you the guy who is going to get a PS3 later (or soon), who made the 'what should I get' thread? If so, wow, you even know about this without having the system! Not likely. :P
    Avatar image for burningchimaera
    BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BurningChimaera

Yeah, they should allow stuff like DVD playback using Remote Play, that's one feature I've been waiting for.

And they need to fix the PlayStation Eye thing. I find it creepy that someone could be staring at me through the PS Eye. Mainly a problem because a couple of my friends have their PSPs hooked into my PS3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BurningChimaera said:
    "Yeah, they should allow stuff like DVD playback using Remote Play, that's one feature I've been waiting for.
    And they need to fix the PlayStation Eye thing. I find it creepy that someone could be staring at me through the PS Eye. Mainly a problem because a couple of my friends have their PSPs hooked into my PS3.
    "

Well thats your problem then! XD
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

The first time I tried to get it to work I just couldn't ,(I think I had to fully update my psp or something) but haven't tried again since,this post made me want to mess with it again so I'll give it another go, kind of interest if there is a list or something or all the features you can do with remote play,seems like a ton could be possible,and some things maybe people don't even realize.

I think the whole PSP playing ps2 or ps1 games on your psp would be much better though if they had designed the psp with DUAL STICK! honestly,Its a great system,and technically very impressive for a hand held,but honestly if they had built it with 2 sticks instead of 1 so many more games would be playable,alot better.(i.e- any kind of shooter,without a somewhat auto aim needed cuz you can't move and shoot)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince
    TwoOneFive said:
    "its such an awesome feature. i was just using this feature with a friends psp while we were out and spotted a wi-fi hot spot. dude, that is the coolest friggin feature ever. the guy has a playstation eye, so we were able to check out his wife and kid watching tv in the living room and theyre like, wth did you hear that thing beep and they were so confused. but its sweet, videos upload super fast as well as music. its such an awesome feature that i feel sony really is failing to promote. if more people realized how cool this feature was then im sure many more would have ps3's and psp's for this reason alone. "
    PSEye.. Stalk unsuspecting wives...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell to the yes baby.

Not only this but RP works for all PS1 games!

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By filiwian
    TwoOneFive said:
    "yeah, many people, im sure, would be amazed at how cool it is. being able to access the ps3 xmb anywhere in the world is awesome. my friend has several movies (mostly divx) and thousands of song that his ps3 uploads through the media server from his pc which also has tons of movies and video aswell. so heres how it works. his pc, which is connected to the internet, has hundreds of songs and videos, they get sent to the ps3, now you have your psp and your anywhere in the world with a hotspot and you're able to turn on your ps3, check out the songs an videos saved on both you ps3 and pc, use the internet feature on the ps3, watch youtube video, download more songs and videos to your ps3 from the internet, and then listen to those as well, be able to message your friends on psn, buy videos and songs and new games from the playstation store, and the stream them (even the hd movies) to your psp. ugh, its really awesome. 

anyone on here using this feature? as soon as i get my psp fixed i will be using it constantly
    "

Does this work with the first generation of psp's that came out and what button do you press to turn on the ps3 with your psp? I never knew it was possible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Press the home button on PSP, and it brings up the option 'Turn Off System', lol. Simple.

drewm135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By drewm135

Ah I love the Playstation eye feature. I agree and I'm glad more games are taking advantage of Remote Play

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive
    filiwian said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "yeah, many people, im sure, would be amazed at how cool it is. being able to access the ps3 xmb anywhere in the world is awesome. my friend has several movies (mostly divx) and thousands of song that his ps3 uploads through the media server from his pc which also has tons of movies and video aswell. so heres how it works. his pc, which is connected to the internet, has hundreds of songs and videos, they get sent to the ps3, now you have your psp and your anywhere in the world with a hotspot and you're able to turn on your ps3, check out the songs an videos saved on both you ps3 and pc, use the internet feature on the ps3, watch youtube video, download more songs and videos to your ps3 from the internet, and then listen to those as well, be able to message your friends on psn, buy videos and songs and new games from the playstation store, and the stream them (even the hd movies) to your psp. ugh, its really awesome. 

"

Does this work with the first generation of psp's that came out and what button do you press to turn on the ps3 with your psp? I never knew it was possible. "
    you have to make sure ahead of time that its ready to be activated by remote play. then all you do later on when your using psp you just access remote play and it will try to access your ps3 and eventually turn it on and the ps3's xmb will appear on the psp. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "
    exactly my point of this thread. look it up and do a little research. you can even watch stuff on youtube. theres a great video of a guy playing lair on his psp through remote play- amazing. he could be in france and his ps3 in new york and be playing that game. 
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DrPepper1990
    TwoOneFive said:
    "DrPepper1990 said:
    "
    exactly my point of this thread. look it up and do a little research. you can even watch stuff on youtube. theres a great video of a guy playing lair on his psp through remote play- amazing. he could be in france and his ps3 in new york and be playing that game. "
    Thats awesome, but how can you play a ps3 game on a psp? I have a psp so that'd be a cool feature. I'll do some research on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old feature bro, can't believe you're just learning about it now! Better late then never I suppose.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Sentry said:
    "Old feature bro, can't believe you're just learning about it now! Better late then never I suppose.
    "
    Lol, I know im a little late but i just enabled remote play on my ps3 and I must admit this is an awesome feature! I was blown away when I saw my ps3 screen on my psp! They need to make more game remote play compatible though. But still, I sent messages to all my friends on psn, just saying that I sent this message via remote play through my psp! Really sick feature!
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Patchinko

Remote Play is truly awesome. Even better is setting up a streaming media server on my PC and streaming movies from my PC through my PS3 to my PSP at a wireless hotspot. I am the envy of all the nerds in the area (when they aren't too busy showing off their G3 iPhones). :)

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27  Edited By OGCartman

Yah, they do

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thelastguy

It is an awesome feature.  I do not know if there is much else they can do with it though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thelastguy said:
    "It is an awesome feature.  I do not know if there is much else they can do with it though.
    "
    They could allow more games to use it... Soon you will have the ability to watch games using your PSP. Instead of PLAYING Killzone 2 on your PS3, you can watch a tournament, for example.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.