Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Way to import PS1 game saves?

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By chililili

Wow, don't know at all. What ps1 save is so important you cannot restart?

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By KamasamaK

Finding a driver to fix your problem sounds ideal, but just in case you can't... I think the best solution would be to somehow copy your saves to a memory card that the unit will recognize, probably using a PS1 or PS2. It's weird that your card wouldn't be recognized since I transferred my PS1 saves from a non-Sony memory card just fine.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hexpane

ugh 3rd party cards.. sony intentionally fucked w/ people who had those.   Try using a PS2 to copy from old card to a sony official

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hexpane
    hush404 said:
     old PS1 RPGs and Sony branded PS1 cards were near impossible to find."
    I got some off amazon.com new/sealed before the PS3 came out. 
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    hush404 said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2992.0

your best bet is to just find saves online, or buy batel memory max ps2 and ps1 adaptor thats supposed to work along with other products that allow u to get files off a memory card via your pc."
    Mm, not interested in downloading saves what so ever. No particularly fond of buying some crap I'm only going to use in this one situation - thats why I bought Sonys lil converter box in the first place."
    then your shit out of luck cause thats pretty much the only way, the link i gave you gives you links to drivers and tricks to geting the ps3 adaptor to work on your pc if you dont take it then thats fine, but your pretty much screwed in this area and your best bet is to get an option that does let you hook up a memory card reader to your pc, and get saves that way, or download saves online that match the saves you all ready have you can find them easily.

or go find a ps1 memory card official for cheap and get a ps1 and transfer the saves from your non official *none official suck* and use that, or hell use your ps2 memory card last i checked you could transfer saves from a ps1 memory card to a ps2.
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By chililili
    hush404 said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "hush404 said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2992.0

your best bet is to just find saves online, or buy batel memory max ps2 and ps1 adaptor thats supposed to work along with other products that allow u to get files off a memory card via your pc."
    Mm, not interested in downloading saves what so ever. No particularly fond of buying some crap I'm only going to use in this one situation - thats why I bought Sonys lil converter box in the first place."
    then your shit out of luck cause thats pretty much the only way, the link i gave you gives you links to drivers and tricks to geting the ps3 adaptor to work on your pc if you dont take it then thats fine, but your pretty much screwed in this area and your best bet is to get an option that does let you hook up a memory card reader to your pc, and get saves that way, or download saves online that match the saves you all ready have you can find them easily.

or go find a ps1 memory card official for cheap and get a ps1 and transfer the saves from your non official *none official suck* and use that, or hell use your ps2 memory card last i checked you could transfer saves from a ps1 memory card to a ps2."
    Yeah I was actually on the site before, read about it. The place to get the actual drivers are in Japanese and so are the files that you get downloaded - I suppose I could try to figure that out."
    You can download a program tha tallows you to edit your registry and easily install japanese programs. I've downloaded it but I forgot the name.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.