Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What the hell is wrong with my PS3?

Darkedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Darkedge

I turned on my PS3 for the first time in a while today to play Saints Row 2. After about an hour of playing i hear what sounds like needles flying around while gorillas murdered each other with lawnmowers coming from inside my PS3, so i freaked out and hit the main power switch and am afraid it will explode and melt my face off if i attempt to turn it on again. Any advice?

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

It's not gonna blow up dude at least take the disc out and check for major scratches,

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine

You should probably turn it on, examine it, and then tell us if it is damaged or not. Then, maybe we could help you.

crimped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By crimped

wow, thats harsh. sounds like the motor for the disk drive may be going bad. not the hard drive but the disk. I would get a can of air and blow the dust out and try again and hope for the best. if it keeps the racket up you may have to send it in for service. hope everything turns out ok. good luck

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Coltonio7

Put some gas around the edges of the cooling fan. That should do the trick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.