Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Can't shake this feeling

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jayu26

Over the last months I have been developing pretty sizable PSVita library thanks to PS+. I am also very interested in trying out Persona 5 Golden and Soul Sacrifice. Altogether, this has made me very attracted to vita as a future purchase. Upon hearing rumors of Vita been discounted at certain Sony stores this week (a rumor making rounds on the net), I embarked on finding a great bargain from the depths of the Internet. Until I remembered about the propitiatory memory card... and then I remembered why I did not buy it in the first place.

My first impressions of vita were that it is very slick and I would not mind paying $250 for it. I soured on it when they started coming out with the propitiatory bullsh*t. Seriously, $100 for a 32GB memory card...

Now I fear some crazy Sony bullsh*t is lurking in PS4's future. They are just waiting in the depths of Sony HQ....biding their time and just when my hype will be over the moon they will unleash it to devour my soul. What do you guys think? Are they crazy enough to try some zany scheme for PS4? Is Microsoft going to try an even zanier scheme? I want all the doom and gloom predictions....oh and keep the rhetoric light, I don't want to go into deep depression due to this conversation.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nictel

Sure they will, they all do at one point or another. My best bet is that controllers are going to be $80,-. I would say just hope that it is something you don't need a lot of. As for Microsoft, maybe they'll repeat the whole specific xbox harddisk thing but now with $500,- SSDs. That would be fun.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GS_Dan

Hey, duder. I'm gonna plant a seed of doubt in your mind.

You should buy a Vita.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By DarthOrange

I bought a Vita and a 32 gig card at launch (over a year ago now). I regret nothing!

As for your PS4 worries, worst case scenario the controllers are expensive or they sell the eye toy separately, neither one of which would retail for over $100..... I hope.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, I bet there will be a bunch of proprietary nonsense, but I hope they will not require it. I think the controllers will be expensive, $80+.

Sony will probably include some cheap ass wired headset that barely works and charge extra for the wireless bluetooth nice one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made replaceable HDDs a thing of the past. I love the fact that I can swap in a standard 2.5 HDD into my PS3, but after seeing the crap they pulled with the Vita memory cards I'm doubtful. They will probably seal a Sony laptop HDD in proprietary wrapping.

I imagine there will be some type of remote accessory and if MS doesn't include a Kinect as standard for the Xbox, the Eye will be sold separately as well. At this point, Sony should have a wait-and-see attitude. If MS comes out with an Xbox package that includes many bells and whistles they will be forced to sweeten their package with add-ons, more standard accessories, bigger HDD.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By paulwade1984

The controller will have non replaceable battery.

There will be a blu-ray remote control.

"premium wireless headsets".

Oh and yes they will probably use proprietary hard drives.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i think the doom and gloom made itself pretty apparent at the press conference lol

and yes i do expect more

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Anund

I don't know why Sony is the company with this reputation after they used standard connections for most things on the ps3, like USB and SATA while MS made me pay $70 for a wifi-antenna thing and used proprietary everything in their box. Not to mention paying to play online.

Not saying Sony is above corporate bullshit (like the Vita memory card thing shows), but the last generation seems to indicate Sony is the compartively "good guy" company between the two real contenders.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@anund said:

I don't know why Sony is the company with this reputation after they used standard connections for most things on the ps3, like USB and SATA while MS made me pay $70 for a wifi-antenna thing and used proprietary everything in their box. Not to mention paying to play online.

Not saying Sony is above corporate bullshit (like the Vita memory card thing shows), but the last generation seems to indicate Sony is the compartively "good guy" company between the two real contenders.

^^^^^This
    We already suffered this with microsoft, Xbox Live, Hard Drives, HD Drive, Wi-Fi ect. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did and it would be parody with Microsoft.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Vita memory card is some ol' bull shit. Fuck that thing until a steep price drop I say.

I'm not super worried about the PS4 though, Sony was pretty good about keeping proprietary nonsense away from its predecessor. Microsoft was way fucking worse about that shit.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't fight this feeling anymore

I've forgotten what I started fighting for

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.