Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Error CE-34878-0

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Has anybody been getting this error anywhere? I've been getting it a bunch in Battlefield 4. I guess it's been effecting alot of BF4 guys according to this forum.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By spraynardtatum

I got it a ton last night. As well as them saying my save files were corrupted (just single player *phew*) I uninstalled but that didn't seem to fix it. I still got the error code afterwards; however, I was able to get in this morning

I also get freezes whenever I try to join a friends game using battlelog.....don't....don't do that. It doesn't freeze the console but you have to quit out of the game completely.

Last but not least, conquest doesn't work either. Yay Battlefield 4!

Silver lining - PS4's bug reporting is pretty awesome.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Are these problems exclusive to the PS4 version of the game? Do you reckon that it's a PSN-related issue or an EA server-related issue? Do these sorts of issue persist across all online PS4 games?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are these problems exclusive to the PS4 version of the game? Do you reckon that it's a PSN-related issue or an EA server-related issue? Do these sorts of issue persist across all online PS4 games?

Nothing similar happened to me so far with Killzone or Resogun online. They talked on the bombcast about how BF4 launched poorly on pc, 360, and ps3 so I feel like it has at least something to do with that game. I think it's BF4 but who am I to say.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah I was getting that error all morning. I'll probably wait for the next patch before I play BF4 again.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been getting the error all day when trying to get on BF4. It's been a pain. I seem to have more luck when I let it load whatever screen its getting to. But it may be just that luck. Hopefully it will get better soon.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Didn't EA claim the 1.05 update is what is fucking with everything? Could very well be that. Who knows.

packfan104l4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This error isn't exclusive to BF4. I've been getting it a bunch in NFS:R as well.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got it after exiting from a game in BF4.

novadth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I can't even get past the title screen without it bugging out. Hoping a patch comes out sooner rather than later.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By djou

Yeah, I got this after finishing chapter 4 of the SP and trying to jump into a MP match. My game hasn't loaded since that error, either SP or MP. Tried to redownload the game and save, no go. Its widespread problem. Initially EA blamed it on the patch but none of my other 6 PS4 games have had this problem.

People have been posting this workaround I haven't tried (link) nd apparently a patch is coming next week to fix this error. (link) But I think it's a load of horseshit that EA shipped the game in this condition. Aside from the error, the MP never worked. Conquest was completely broken and the MP games I played had tons of weird animation problems and glitches. My menus were stuck in Spanish for an entire day.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't EA claim the 1.05 update is what is fucking with everything? Could very well be that. Who knows.

Nah it is just EA being EA, i bet they also said that the 1.05 update is responsible for BF4 being broken on PC.

I wanna see just how broken it will be on the Xbone and who they are gonna blame.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I get this error all the time while playing Resogun.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By beepmachine

Has anyone figured this out? I started getting this last week when I bought Resogun (it happens every time I play, usually in the first 3-5 mins), and now my PS4 will freeze or straight up turn itself off when playing Infamous or Resogun. The last news from Sony was from January and completely useless (install latest update, initialize ps4, blah blah blah). And now we're 6-7 months later and...nothing? What the fuck are they doing?

I still have a while before my warranty is up, so i guess I could return it for another, but they haven't even said if it's hardware related or firmware related.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.