Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Just got my new 20th Anniversary PS4

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Junkboy

After having my order cancelled/denied because Sony never received it (though I got the paypal email with a Sony order number and a pending charge...) I had lost all hope until a missed call the Friday before last. Sony support gave me a call almost a full month after my last attempt to reorder my ps4. I ignored the call because I was setting up my new router (R7500) but a random high up CSR left me a message asking me if I was still interested in getting one to call back.

Somehow after not contacting Sony in about a month for my "phantom order" I got touched by an angel and managed to get my 20th Anniversary PS4!!! I was bummed out when my original order was cancelled since I knew so many people got them solely to flip but Sony did right be one of their consumers in my case. Didn't want to post anything until it was in my hands since I was taught early to not count chickens before they hatch but it got here yesterday and I set it up then. By the way something that made me laugh was their new SKU number for the PS4 20th , the super duper SKU for it was this...

No Caption Provided

Here is a pic with during set up, I ended putting on the camera after the pic since it wasn't a pressing need.

No Caption Provided

While I opened the box I thought about what I wanted the first thing to be played on it and while 12 Angry Men (Henry Fonda ver) and Oldboy are my two favorite movies I settled on the first thing that popped into my mind. Battle Royale which happens to be number 9273/10000 in a limited run and is one my top 5 favorite films behind those other two monsters.

Took some pics which I uploaded randomly.

Oh and VERY special thanks to Guts and Griffith (though Griffith left most of the works to Guts, lazy bum) for helping me open my box.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good to see someone actually using their 20th anniversary PS3.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I really just want that controller.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It looks great. Glad that worked out for you.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cerberus3dog

Very cool. I hope you enjoy it! Also that SKU name is great.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Enjoy your 20th Anniversary HIPPOPOTAMUS.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

awesome

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Junkboy

Thank you everyone.

@mbradley1992 I kid you not that controller is freaking incredible , the colored PS logo looks sweet and the subtle etching on the touch pad it gives it a fantastic feel. If Sony sold these for $120 I would need to get a second one without thinking about it.

@cerberus3dog@shadowconqueror Yeah when I called in to submit the order she warned me it would not say PS4 on the invoice but assured me that's what they were sending. When it came time to name the system I didn't have to think of one since my HIPPOPOTAMUS had already been given a name! :p

Avatar image for deactivated-64cd222f5c6ac
    deactivated-64cd222f5c6ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That controller is pretty sweet lookin.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am super jealous of that Battle Royale set.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lousy Griffith, he makes me so mad!! (Mostly because at this rate Miura will be dead before he writes a decent fucking conclusion to Berserk!)

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.