Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Official Play station Magazine UK reveals PS4 info leak

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TopCat88
    TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TopCat88

$350 price point

New controller design

Late 2013/Early 2014 in Europe.

Seems like a great price for the specs. Is this the info to expect on the 20th or just rumours. If it's on the Official PS MAGAZINE there must be some truth in it right. I'm not a playstation guy so what do those more in the know think of this.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By MildMolasses

I thought Future shut down OPM? Or was it just the North American version

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TopCat88

I don't know about the magazine being shut down. This could be nothing more than rumour mill BS but it looked like more than that to me first read through. I leave it those more in the know to tell me if this is likely to be the real deal or not.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By JZ

350 that's reasonable

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KittyVonDoom

Touch pad? 15 minute video "sharing"?

Will it auto update my Facebook status for me when I change games? Needs more gimmicks!

In all seriousness, I'm way more interested in seeing what they do on the "everything not hardware spec related" side, like UI and social functions.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

I don't like the sound of it being AMD, on the PC front AMD are failing pretty badly. (mostly their CPUs)

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TopCat88

@MildMolasses: Just had a little check and I think the print magazine was closed late last year but the website is still posting news etc.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By AlexW00d

@Sooty said:

I don't like the sound of it being AMD, on the PC front AMD are failing pretty badly. (mostly their CPUs)

The newest 8 core top end is comparable to the 3770k and is like $100 less. According to benchmarks in games and shit anyway.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Berserker976

$350 seems too low to me, especially for the hardware. If true I'd expect that to be the price for some sort of baseline model with no hard drive or something.

Unless Sony is prepared to lose a hell of a lot of money on each console, or is somehow getting the components made for super cheap I can't see them pricing it at $350.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Benny

If it really is $350, that would almost guarantee a £300 price point in the UK, which is £20 more than the 360 was at launch.

Horribly written article though.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Toxeia

@AlexW00d: Took them a while to get comparable. Remember how Bulldozer was a step backwards is almost every way? And everyone I know using even the new AMD chips is having all kinds of issues with performance. Thankfully with how consoles are a closed system and every PS4 is the same as the next it shouldn't be an issue. I'd rather they use AMD and have the lower price point in this situation.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By MildMolasses

@Berserker976 said:

Unless Sony is prepared to lose a hell of a lot of money on each console

I can't see them making that mistake again, especially considering how poorly most of their other divisions are doing right now

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vanek

So it's going to be the same price as the Wii U (Premium) if this is to believed? I would be happy with that, assuming the UK doesn't get a jacked up price for no good reason, but I don't see it happening.

I really hope that part about Europe being shafted and getting it in 2014 isn't true. I would have thought by now worldwide releases would be a given. We already get shafted most of the time price wise so getting it out here on time should be a priority.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By jimi

If those details are true it has made me significantly less excited about the ps4.

I despised the kinect and it will take a miracle for the playstation eye to win me over, if it's going to be a huge selling point of the new console we have a problem.

Touch pads are fine and all but a problem I have with the vita is you have to hold it in a very specific way not to accidentally use the rear touch screen. I hold console controllers in all manner of positions and the idea of accidentally hitting pause/select on a touch pad seems like a huge bummer.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By Vod_Crack

@Vanek said:

I would be happy with that, assuming the UK doesn't get a jacked up price for no good reason, but I don't see it happening.

Happened last time.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vanek

@Vod_Crack: I just reread what I said, and I should probably clarify that I meant I don't see the $350 price being true. I can absolutely see the UK get a fucked up price for no good reason. It would feel weird if it didn't happen.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KittyVonDoom

@Vod_Crack said:

@Vanek said:

I would be happy with that, assuming the UK doesn't get a jacked up price for no good reason, but I don't see it happening.

Happened last time.

So did me not buying a PS3. Then again, after a poor experience with my PS2, I wasn't expecting to get one, regardless of price. This time I'm hoping they don't mess it up, because I'm really tired of being a Microsoft "customer".

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By alternate

A bunch of rumours leak. Another magazine or site bases an article on these rumours. Confirmed!

This is not how is works. They all seem to stem from the same leak. Now the rumours might turn put to be 100% accurate. Doesn't mean there are multiple sources saying the same thing.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alternate

@Vanek said:

@Vod_Crack: I just reread what I said, and I should probably clarify that I meant I don't see the $350 price being true. I can absolutely see the UK get a fucked up price for no good reason. It would feel weird if it didn't happen.

Europe are going to get fucked, they always are, but the "good reasons" are exchange rates and tax.

That said, when people cry about cost differences (here and overseas) they always quote US prices with no sales tax vs. EU prices including sales tax - just makes it all the more sensationalist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.