Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Ps4 beep/disc eject fix!! For Dan

Menace2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys hopefuly Dan somehow sees this.

So I had the same ps4 problem you guys mentioned in the last UPF where your disc ejects repeatedly and I stumbled onto the oddest fix, when I started using the metal gear V static background for some odd reason it stopped the problem, I have since switched to the fallout static background and the problem hasn't resurfaced yet! My only guess is that for some reason the default background is at least in some cases the issue. I hope this helps you guys out

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

It sounds crazy that would actually solve such a problem, but if you want to get Dan's attention, this might work:

@danryckert

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Honkalot

I get *beep beep beep* half the time I put it into rest mode but it doesn't seem to be doing anything after that. I've been wondering what that sound is about, maybe if I had a disc in it would be ejected?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SomeJerk

Three beeps can also signify the PS4 being angry about you shutting it down before it can finish saving or preparing data or that something else went wrong.

For another physical solution to try, put anti-static tape on the power/eject buttons, unless >>>

@honkalot said:

I get *beep beep beep* half the time I put it into rest mode but it doesn't seem to be doing anything after that. I've been wondering what that sound is about, maybe if I had a disc in it would be ejected?

If you can hear the drive trying to eject a non-existent disc along with beep-beep-beep, that means you've got this problem in a bad way and more than likely need to drop the $150 to Sony for a post-warranty RMA. Sony should come clean about this issue hitting more and more of the 2013 built PS4s.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this effect systems that barely ever use discs?

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk said:

If you can hear the drive trying to eject a non-existent disc along with beep-beep-beep, that means you've got this problem in a bad way and more than likely need to drop the $150 to Sony for a post-warranty RMA. Sony should come clean about this issue hitting more and more of the 2013 built PS4s.

Fuck, this is the problem I've been having once in a while recently.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's strange, I have a launch PS4 and ran into this issue probably two years ago. I did the little rubber foot "fix" and I haven't had the problem since. I was worried I would have to send it in but I figured it was fixed in a firmware update or something. Sucks to hear people still running into it.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@honkalot said:

I believe I started getting this when I swapped my hard drive out. I'd heard it might have something to do with the new drive pulling more power than the power supply was designed to give it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.