Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Recommend me some exclusives

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I got a (white) pro some time ago. I am enjoying the whiteness very much as it sits there besides its older black siblings. I already bought a few games as well. Yakuwa Kiwami and 0, Horizon Zero Dawn and uncharted 4. Oh and I also snatched gravity rush 2 from a bargain bin last weekend. I do have a capable pc so I'm not interested in buying games that are also available for that.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By liquiddragon

The Last Guardian is one my favorites from this gen but I think it's one of those games you know before going in if you want to play it or not. Also, if you're sensitive to jank then TLG might not be for you.

A lot of ppl will probably recommend Bloodborne or Persona 5. Ratchet & Clank is another one that's well liked. The Last of Us if you haven't played it is still great.

Oh and Monster Hunter: World is the big one coming soon.

Avatar image for kyokasuigetsu54
    kyokasuigetsu54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne and Persona 5

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Play the GOTY, Persona 5

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Danganronpa series (1-3) are all available on PS4, as are all the Kingdom Hearts games in a few HD collections.
    Persona 5! (!!!!)

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Bloodborne

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will add my voice to the people recommending Persona 5 and Bloodborne. Both are amazing.

If you like either Quantic Dreams games (Heavy Rain, Beyond) or The Telltale games you should check Until Dawn. It`s one of the best games in that style (Interactive movie? Modern adventure game?).

If you like platformers you should check out Ratchet and Clank and Crash Bandicoot The N. Sane Trilogy.

If like Dark Souls or end up liking Bloodborne you should check out Nioh which is also really good and if you like Uncharted 4 you should pick up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

SeriuzBiznus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nier is great.

Until Dawn is not.

If you can last through the first...5 hours(?) of Uncharted 4, it gets pretty good.

I wanted to like Bloodborne, but I bounced off of it.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Ratchet & Clank is a real fun throwback to a style of game you really don't get to play anymore. It was fun enough I played it twice back-to-back. I've just got into playing a New Game Plus of Horizon and man, that game was amazing and still feels really good. Until Dawn is great fun to play with a significant other; my girlfriend doesn't play games at all really but we really enjoyed passing the controller with me playing the women and her playing the men. Lots of laughs and jump scares to be had.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

Nier is great.

Until Dawn is not.

They are both great. Opinions are funny that way. :P

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It just swung and missed with my wife and me. We slogged through it hoping for a pay-off, but it didn’t happen.

The horror wasn’t scary and the writing didn’t strike us. Bonus points for virtual Stormare, though. Always bonus points for virtual Stormare.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last of us is a must if not already played on ps3. (Even then it's worth another go round)

Ratchet and clank is good fun.

Nioh and bloodborne are great.

Both of the ps4 uncharted games are great.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Senran Kagura Estival Versus it's a god dang fun game to play.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BrunoTheThird

I don't think they ever intended Until Dawn to be scary to be honest. It is fun and gripping and silly in all the right ways, and evokes the positive aspects of shitty slasher movies (which are also completely not scary and never were). Pure popcorn. It shocked me how good it was, as I hate all that shit most of the time. Highly recommended from me!

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Alongside Yakuza 0, which you already grabbed, Bloodborne is the easiest pull for me. After that I'd definitely recommend Ratchet & Clank, Until Dawn, and Persona 5. All fantastic games in their own right.

I'd also recommend keeping a close eye on the PSN store - they have frequent sales (and pretty decent ones, too) so you'll often be able to pick up some of these newer titles pretty cheaply!

I'd also suggest Monster Hunter World - it is coming to PC, but not for a while. Up to you if you're interested in that, and whether you're happy to wait versus picking it up now (as you probably have a decent backlog atm with all those new PS4 games).

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us Remastered

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I can only recommend upcoming exclusives. Specifically The Last of Us Part II and God of War. If you have not played The Last of Us yet, the remastered version on PS4 is only available on PS3 (not remastered though) and not PC and is very much worth playing.

The last of us is a must if not already played on ps3. (Even then it's worth another go round)

Ratchet and clank is good fun.

Nioh and bloodborne are great.

Both of the ps4 uncharted games are great.

Nioh is on PC.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

persona 5 is too long, and the story is good but not good enough to warrant the slog.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I was eyeing Persona 5 but it is still full price and I'm a cheap miser, but as soon as I can get a deal on it I will definitely pick it up. Bloodborne flew under my radar but as so many of you seem to like it I will check it out for sure. I already have The last of us on PS3 and I although I really loved it I don't think I'll buy it again (although I believe it does include the DLC so maybe I will change my mind on that one). Ni No Kuni 2 was also high on my list but then I realized it will come to PC as well so unless they screw up the port I probably go with the PC version. Has annyone tried that Valkyria Chronicles sequel? I saw it on sale and was tempted but I'm still on the fence on that one.

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As well as what's already been mentioned, inFamous: Second Son is a pretty decent game if you are into that franchise (I prefer the PS3 games but Second Son is still OK in my book) and Everybody's Golf is a game I got some enjoyment out of and I'm not even that into Golf.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As well as what's already been mentioned, inFamous: Second Son is a pretty decent game if you are into that franchise (I prefer the PS3 games but Second Son is still OK in my book)

I'll back you up on this one. Second Son is a frequently beautiful, sometimes monotonous playground. It is deep in the shadow of its predecessors (perhaps rightly), but I had a fine time with it all the same.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until Dawn is excellent and might be my favorite PS4 exclusive.

Something you may not have considered thus far is the PSVR. It is really quite great; originally I was a big opponent of VR in general, but a demo session of the PSVR made me a believer and now I make a point of trying to play something on VR every day if I can and have a big library of PSVR games.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bdead: Well, P5 is 50% off now if you have PS Plus (and 10% off on top of that if you use the code that is showing on the PS Store home).

And if you want you can buy some DLC but they're all costumes and extra personas, nothing that you NEED to buy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.