Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Split screen games on the Playstation 4?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Hello Bombers. So with the recent release of Infamous Second Son hopefully signalling the beginning of worthwhile Playstation 4 games, in conjunction with my classes slowing down soon, I figured now would be as good of a time as any to get a Playstation 4. In my mind though, one of the most important advantages of getting a next gen console rather than just building a new PC is the idea of local multiplayer. Have their been any good splitscreen multiplayer releases on the PlayStation 4 at this point? I guess Call of Duty is the obvious answer, but I've heard that Ghosts still feels very "last gen" so I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

@freakache: I don't think there's much yet. The Lego games are always co op and if we assume PvZ garden warfare is coming to ps4 (seems likely) that'll surely have it. Seems like a lot more downloadable stuff is going the route of local co op so you have that to look forward too. As for bigger games they are still mainly based around online co op

riddlergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello Bombers. So with the recent release of Infamous Second Son hopefully signalling the beginning of worthwhile Playstation 4 games, in conjunction with my classes slowing down soon, I figured now would be as good of a time as any to get a Playstation 4. In my mind though, one of the most important advantages of getting a next gen console rather than just building a new PC is the idea of local multiplayer. Have their been any good splitscreen multiplayer releases on the PlayStation 4 at this point? I guess Call of Duty is the obvious answer, but I've heard that Ghosts still feels very "last gen" so I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for.

that may be the case... but it is the only split screen competitive game out there as of now... if you are willing to wait til other's come out then that should not be a problem.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

There have been some pretty good local multiplayer games on PS4 with a few more on the way.

TowerFall: Ascension, Awesomenauts Assemble and Sportsfriends are already out. Samurai Gunn and Nidhogg are on the way. Of course these can also easily be gotten on PC and hooked up to a TV as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.