Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

U.S.A Playstation Plus in a different country?

Pedrofrazillio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am currently living in the U.S but i am going back to Brazil next year. I already have a U.S PS PLUS account. My question is: will my american ps plus still working fine when i get back to Brazil? I called Sony here in the U.S and the guy said that if i do that, the online game might get really slow or even freezing, because my "official" region is U.S.A but i will be playing at a Brazilian server. Is that true? Did someone here ever tried using a american ps plus account in a different country?

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it works just fine.

Pedrofrazillio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it works just fine.

Junior, have u ever tested? If so, which country?

I am worried about 2 things, see if u can help me here:

1) online gaming getting sloppy (slow and losing connection all the time)

2) Even being in Brazil, will i be able to buy games and take advantage of all good prices from the American PS PLUS? (i have a PayPal account), or will the system see that i am not in the U.S.A and will block any purchase from me?

Thanks!

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jayjonesjunior

Brazil, US PSN and Plus Subscriber.

Online gameplay is also fine, completely playable, and by playable i mean you can still be competitive.

Pedrofrazillio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brazil, US PSN and Plus Subscriber.

Online gameplay is also fine, completely playable, and by playable i mean you can still be competitive.

what about the second question:

2) Even being in Brazil, will i be able to buy games and take advantage of all good prices from the American PS PLUS? (i have a PayPal account), or will the system see that i am not in the U.S.A and will block any purchase from me?

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pedrofrazillio: How do you buy games now? I can't use my CC in the PS Store, so i buy PSN Cards from Amazon and i redeem them to my account.

Pedrofrazillio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayjonesjunior: that will be my first Playstation. Ex-microsoft user here. lol... i see that the PS store accepts paypal, so maybe i can use my CC over PP in order to buy games.. Also, u said u buy PSN cards from amazon and redeem them on your account, have u ever heard about PC game supply? its a great website that a lot of brazilian friends use to buy psn cards.. http://www.pcgamesupply.com/

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pedrofrazillio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayjonesjunior: Junior, did u see that PS PLUS is available in Brazil now? What do you think? should i have an account on the american or brazilian one?

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Worked fine for me in Kuwait and Germany.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.