Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What Games Should I Play while Waiting for Shadow of War?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Just looking for PS4 games to occupy my time until then; though it kind of looks like Free Brood War is going to win the fight ultimately. My plan is to buy The Surge and Nier on Black Friday, but if the Surge drops to like 30 I might get that earlier. I have Horizon and Nioh already; will presumably play a bunch more Nioh and maybe some Bloodborne again. Still have Doom on Nightmare and Hitman (Episode 5 onward/bonus content) to go through. But curious if there's something under the radar that I should have played but haven't or just in general.

For fighting games I'll probably stick to Injustice, curious about Tekken but that will probably be relegated to Black Friday status as well; my exceptional fundamentals in other games don't really apply to Tekken very well. REV 2 is profitable but not really different enough from Xrd for me to play it since I still have shit to do in the original game.

For PS3 I still have ME2 to go through (beat it on PC a while back) and a few other games from the PS+ backlog/Lightning Returns/Resistance 3/Evil Within/etc. My backlog aside from free stuff isn't actually all that large, but it's just large enough for me to be indecisive about which game to play next.

Why couldn't Morwardoor come out in August or something, bastards.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Have you played Nioh yet? I bought The Surge and, while I think its a decent game, something about it doesn't grab me as hard but Nioh is one of my favorite games of the year.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nicksmi56

What's in that PS3 backlog of yours?

Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you haven't played it and are in the mood for an FPS, you should totally play Wolfenstein: The New Order. That E3 trailer for the sequel reminded me just how fantastic the first one was. A surprisingly good story, with characters you end up caring about and fantastic gameplay.

I personally thought it was a lot better than Doom, albeit a bit different. I very much had that "FPS campaigns are back!" feeling when I playing it back in 2014 that most of the GB crew had when they played Doom last year.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nicksmi56: Just hard copy games, endless supply of digital PS+ stuff of course:

Untouched: Tales of Xillia 2 (Shrinkwrapped), Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 2/3 (I beat Peacewalker and I've beaten the other two in the past though its mostly MGS3 that I want to play again and listen to every single codec religiously, but how does it taste?)

In Progress (I'd say 45% on average): Mass Effect 2 (beat on PC but PS3 version has the DLCs), Assassin's Creed Rogue, The Evil Within, Trinity Souls of Zill O'll (really good game), Bladestorm, Lightning Returns, and Resistance 3 (I'd probably just restart).

Loading Video...

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By dagas

I just got Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition for €10 on sale on PSN. Seems like a good multiplayer shooter for that money. I've not played once since Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it is not as good as that but still good.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nioh is right behind Zelda for my GOTY. Horizon didn't grab me all that much, but there's something special about Nioh. I just love the way it feels.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nicksmi56

@fredchuckdave: Hm, the only one out of those I have much experience with is Mass Effect 2, which is a fantastic game but you've beaten it already. Maybe if you had Mass Effect 3 on the same system I'd tell you to beat the rest and carry over to the third.

As far as the untouched stuff, I've never played a Tales game but if it's the length of most JRPGs it should last you for a while depending on how deep into the rabbit hole you usually go while playing these. And maybe after going through the slower, more methodical gameplay, you'll appreciate smashing through strongholds and beheading orcs more than if you just jumped to it from another action game.

Then again, my immediate response to Nintendo's E3 was to claim my summer in the name of Nintendo and I'm considering just dropping everything else and going through Super Mario Sunshine before Odyssey comes out, so maybe I shouldn't talk XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.