Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What is going on with my PS4?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So every time I play Resogun, the game will just randomly lockup (it usually happens when I die), and require me to restart it. The system doesn't lock up, just the game. The NBA Live demo stutters every 3 seconds as well and makes it impossible to play. Contrast and Blacklight also have pretty unstable framerates, but I'm guessing that's just how those games are. AC IV is totally fine.

Is anyone else having these problems, or is my PS4 being really weird?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So every time I play Resogun, the game will just randomly lockup (it usually happens when I die), and require me to restart it. The system doesn't lock up, just the game. The NBA Live demo stutters every 3 seconds as well and makes it impossible to play. Contrast and Blacklight also have pretty unstable framerates, but I'm guessing that's just how those games are. AC IV is totally fine.

Is anyone else having these problems, or is my PS4 being really weird?

Sounds weird, I haven't had any of those issues.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

No issues here either i didn't know there were any demo's out.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Steadying

Well crap....Sigh.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would delete Resogun and DL it again as a first attempt at resolving the issue.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blastroid

You have mastered Resogun and found it's kill screen. ;)

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if the hard drive in your system just has some bad blocks on it. You can try to delete and re-download Resogun and if that doens't work, maybe do a system restore to reformat the hard drive. You would need to do this through safe mode and select: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software). There are alot of articles written on doing this so just google for one and follow the instructions.

If that doesn't fix your issue then I would definitely contact Sony for advice on what to do next.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Steadying

Well I just uninstalled and reinstalled Resogun, and nope, didn't work. This time it locked up when killing the first boss, so it seems to only lock up when there's a ton of particle effects going on.

This is so weird. Flower, AC IV, Warframe, and Contrast (assuming the unstable framerate is normal), all work totally fine. I'm gonna try doing the same for NBA Live now.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Is it in a well ventilated area? I haven't had any problems with mine.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Launch console jankiness most probably. Hopefully it'll work itself out and not have to require a replacement.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, so I just found out that NBA Live isn't even fully downloaded. So yeah, that might be the reason why it's stuttering a bunch. I'll try it again when it eventually downloads and installs everything instead of just a portion of it. (Though it's crazy a demo has to do that).

Still doesn't explain why Resogun keeps freezing up, though.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yakov456

@steadyingmeat: Maybe that jammed up DL is using resources important to the stability of RG?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I waited for it to install completely, and unfortunately, it didn't help at all. Maybe my PS4 has problems with digital games? Then again, Flower, Trine 2, Warframe, etc, all work fine. I don't fucking know. I guess I'll wait a while and see how things turn out. Thanks for your advice, guys!

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A demo? on ps4? what sorcery is this?

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@deanoxd said:

No issues here either i didn't know there were any demo's out.

Quite a few games do. They don't have a demo section of the store anymore. If you're looking at a game underneath the buy option is a try demo option if available. Likely to have a more unified store front instead of everything being all over the place. Not perfect but once you know to look at the game page for everything related to that game it won't be problem I guess.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Seikenfreak

This is so weird. Flower, AC IV, Warframe, and Contrast (assuming the unstable framerate is normal), all work totally fine. I'm gonna try doing the same for NBA Live now.

I've been playing AC4 a lot and haven't had any noticeable frame drops. I'd say it runs extremely well but I guess there could be some degree of personal opinion, but I don't think it would vary that much. Also played a bit of Flower and it ran perfectly smooth. Haven't had any issues with Resogun.

As others have said: This sounds weird. Formating that HDD seems like a good start.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't had this but...twice so far....I've had freezes that forced me to pull the plug on the system when it was still on. The power button wouldn't do anything. One from Netflix and one just on the UI. I'm pretty sure I had come from standby mode. One time for sure.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sounds like your console is overheating, has a GPU problem or an HDD problem.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Steadying

@seikenfreak: I meant Contrast has frame rate issues. Everything else is totally fine. And yeah, I'm gonna look into reformatting the HDD when I get the chance and see if that helps.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Seikenfreak

@steadyingmeat said:

@seikenfreak: I meant Contrast has frame rate issues. Everything else is totally fine. And yeah, I'm gonna look into reformatting the HDD when I get the chance and see if that helps.

Ah gotcha. I didn't absorb that sentence correctly.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Steadying

@lamarrsanomaly

:

I tried reinstalling the system software, going back to factory settings, redownloading and downloading the games again, and I thiiiiink something else? (oh yeah, I rebuilt the database as well). Regardless, none of it worked. It's just NBA Live that has that crazy stuttering, though. No other demos do, and I've tried them all. Fucking weird. Also, I found out that the Resogun crash I was getting was actually the same error that a ton of people were getting with Battlefield 4, so I dunno what's up with that. It's still crashing even today, though.

As for Blacklight and Warframe, I noticed a bunch of FPS drops in Blacklight. The frame rate wasn't terrible in Warframe for me, but I only played the tutorial.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AcidBrandon18

My PS4 shut itself off the moment I tried to load up Master difficulty for the first time, which was weird. Also sometimes when I boot up my PS4 I get no audio, but I don't know if that is the PS4's problem or my TV's....

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird that it only effects some games. I wouldn't wait any longer and would return it/contact sony. Not worth the time/money/trouble of fixing it yourself; you shouldnt be having this experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.