Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What to do if ps4 locks up?

knifeoframbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Got my ps4 today and had it lock up when I tried to get to the ps app settings. I tried the ps button on the controller and holding the power button and nothing would work. I ended up pulling the plug. Is there a way to reset that I'm not aware of? I'm worried about damaging my system by pulling the plug like that

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up pulling the plug. And it's hard to remove and reinsert because of the reverse slant of the case.

I can't believe Sony didn't carry over the "hold power to reset" function of PS3.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

knifeoframbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By knifeoframbo

@spaceinsomniac: No I was trying to sync my ps app on my phone with my ps4. It locked up when I tried to get into the settings for that on the xmb.

@flippyandnod: when you started it up after pulling the plug did you get a warning screen that you had shut down the system wrong and could have corrupted your hard drive or damaged the system?

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. It checked the file system for errors, seems to have found none and then asked me to file a crash report.

@spaceinsomniac: @flippyandnod: when you started it up after pulling the plug did you get a warning screen that you had shut down the system wrong and could have corrupted your hard drive or damaged the system?

knifeoframbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flippyandnod: Kinda scary having a launch console, idk about you but I think I'll be buying that extra 3 year warranty on the ps store. Its not too expensive if you use the $10 code they pack in with the ps4

AboutBeverages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mine locked up last night while going in and out of watching a Blu-ray movie. I just held down the power button for 15-20 seconds and then it shut off.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@spaceinsomniac: I was updating Warframe and had to unplug the system. Seeing it reboot in safe mode was terrifying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.