Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 5

Platform »

Sony's fifth PlayStation console launched on November 12, 2020 with two models: a standard edition with a disk drive and a digital edition without.

Sony's big PlayStation reveal event

• 106 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-611d8183a00c9
    deactivated-611d8183a00c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

@onemanarmyy: That was in regards to no damage modeling on vehicles in gran turismo. That is kinda the only unturned stone for that franchise. Also, the paper Mario origami direct explained more about what that game is than any game be it from Microsoft or Sony that has been announced so far. Next gen seems business as usual. Where is my innovation. What was I thinking.. so hype and so excite. If I here the word 8k I’m gonna scream.

quasiconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Man, a lot of super jaded-sounding folks in this thread.

I thought this event was honestly one of the best I've seen in years. Very games-focused, with a wide variety of games that look like they have a ton of potential. Tons of new IP as well. I like the look of the console, too. I know that's a hugely subjective thing, but I'm glad they went for a bold, different design at least.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@frytup said:
    @ralphmoustaccio said:
    I would thus have no effective way to blend it in in the area around my tv

Spray paint and a Dremel.

Meh, the various wrap companies that sell wraps for electronics will step-up for you. You'll get piano black, flat black or most colors and textures you could need to make teh blend you need. The very fact the they make wraps for the tight curves of a joy-pad, pretty much guarantee that the simple curves of PS5 will be easily covered.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@cikame said:
    No Caption Provided

Well, played. I tip of the hat, good sir.

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By tp0p

I wanted to compare the last rachet and clank to the new rift apart game. So I searched for it on youtube. And I found a gameplay clip.

I was like oh yeah rachet and clank already looked pretty good on the ps4. Then I realized the clip I was watching was the new ps5 game. I literally thought it looked like it was on the ps4 because the encounters and gameplay look the exact same. Maybe a little better lighting.

This make the "we believe in generations" bs spin from Jim Ryan seem super gross. The game doesnt look that much better than a ps4. Also the controversy around the new spiderman being an expansion of the old one. Of course it could run on a ps4 just with less detail.

Wanted to vent about playstations marketing. Makes me feel gross.

Edit: yeah a demons souls remake could totally work on a ps4...

Avatar image for deactivated-611d8183a00c9
    deactivated-611d8183a00c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

@tp0p: The loss of E3 in its traditional sense will be devastating to gaming. Imagine a world where this was their E3 showcase. I'm pretty sure the Giant Bomb staff would have been ... well that looks cool... we will get back to you as soon as we get hands-on. It's understandable that with the state of the world any kind of bread crumbs is going to be lapped up like it's the Last Supper. But come on. The reason i will drone on here is because unlike Reddit or YouTube where people jump from meme to meme most of us have some sort of stake in gaming. Jeff may be the ONLY authority in videogames that i respect. It may just be an age thing but a 20 or even 30-something just can't do enough research compared to the lived experience of Jeff. So if companies are going to do their "market research" this is where they're going to do it. With that said. The only things that are going to make me move to the next generation without hesitation would be:

• No online fees for free-to-play games (Microsoft i'm talking to you)
    • Promise of more backwards compatible games (more from Xbox and some from PS5)
    • Commitment to disc based gaming. (I don't care about a company's bottom line but once games start getting locked behind Gamepass or for some reason the AAA games i expect to have a disc release all of a sudden dont. Then Houston we have a problem)
    • Give me something to rival Apple Arcade. I don't like the streaming thing, though i think it might be able to enhance graphics in an overlay sort of way but it's not for my phone. Give me games that are better than Smart Glass. Most developers have their mobile phone cash cows and we know dedicated handheld devices are never coming back so put them to work. Give me games that I will actually play on my phone. I don't think I've ever beaten a mobile phone game. Ever. But if the next Far Cry had some sort of game that I could buy where i could earn my microtransaction currency for $10 or $15 i'd be more down for that than ever spending $0.99 on a hat.
    • Digital Trade-In. (Not so much for me but it would be cool if people that really want to get a game could offload games that they regret buying and the don't have to take out a small loan to play a game i suggest)
    • Pre-download games that i plan on buying digitally. I plan on getting Last of Us 2 on friday but i want the disc version. Why can't i tell Sony i'm getting this game on disc so have it ready for me. (Gamepass kind of solves this but I'm not paying for gamepass)
    • No Quicktime events. I am sick of them. VR doesn't have quicktime? Does it? You used Quicktime to cheat graphics back in the day. I'm over it. Figure out your gameplay mechanics
    • I want a game for my system User interface. Microsoft has minecraft. i am sick of navigating yet another plain U.I. I do it on my phone. I do it at work. The laundrymat. The Bus terminal. I am sick of it. If playstation has PS Home and microsoft doesnt leverage Sea of Thieves or something (leave this stuff on by default and let boring people turn it off) I might just do the Playstation 5. I would love to just have Sea of Thieves, Minecraft, or even Viva Pinata with my games to navigate to. I used to get excited about boot up sounds and I absolutely still have nostalgia for that. But i'd be more likely to interact with my friends (especially the ones that i don't know in real life) if we could goof off together then i'd be more likely to game with the 50 people in my friends list instead of the 1 i always do. They have system updates for god knows what. Put Rare on your UI design and i dont care what they put out it's better than windows 10.whatever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.