Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

PSN screwed me over over on Steam

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twitchey

I was digging around my old dresser when I found an old Discover card from my last birthday that my grandparents sent me. I thought it might have some money left on it so I went online and saw it had $3.99 . So my first thought was to go onto PSN and see if I could get something really cheap. At the time I didn't know about the five dollar policy for PSN. Well I put the card details into the form and go onto PSN Store to find something cheap. I couldn't so I just deleted the info.

Later on I went onto Steam because I remember the huge summer sale. I saw Bully: Scholarship Edition for $3.74. I loved Bully on PS2 and thought it would be great to play a classic.
    Well I go onto the cards website to see the information again when I notice the amount has lowered from $3.99 to $2.99.

FUCK! Sony didn't tell me they charge one dollar to put information into their database. This is bullshit.
    I realize it's just a dollar, but it's the dollar that stands between me buying Bully.

So in short. Fuck you Sony.

/rant

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By Castiel

So pay the one dollar and move on! Sure it sucks, but hey welcome to life buddy.

xerxes8933a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xerxes8933a

I'm guessing it's one of those pre-paid cards, and not an actual credit card.  Do they work like that?  I thought they just came at a set price and you threw it out when it was empty.

EDIT:  Also, isn't that dollar charge just to make sure it's real?  I thought they removed that as soon as it went through.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Twitchey
    @Xerxes8933A: It came with $50. I spent some at Gamestop and some on PSN for some games. I had four dollars left over afterwords and forgot about it until yesterday.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d

Yeah Sony totally don't take a pound/dollar from you to have your info on their system. They were probably testing the card like Paypal does. They'll probably refund you. Unless it wasn't Sony, then I dunno.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By TechHits

why don't you just buy a cheap prepayed credit card if you want the game so bad? 

also I'm kind of shocked that this upset you so much you needed to write a multiparagraph post.... over a dollar. 

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twitchey
    @TechHits: I don't want it that bad. I just thought it would be nice to have since I had some money left over. It's the fact Sony takes money from you just to add the info into their database. I can still find a game on Steam for dirt cheap with the summer sale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.