Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Recent PSN Intrusion - How do you feel about it?

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By metalmoog

I'm not too happy with the reports citing personal information and details may have been compromised due to this attack. Call me naive, but when I put my personal info into a system run by a major corporation like Sony, I expect it to be handled appropriately, and in a safe and encrypted manner. It's pretty worrying to think that all of this info may have been compromised for the millions of PSN subscribers. All in all, I know the hackers actions aren't Sony's actions, but are obviously a direct retaliation to Sony's handling of the Hotz case, the removal of the other OS feature and it's stance on being an "unhackable" system. Like it or not, Sony has become a target and that alone is moving me back towards Microsoft, and away from the console with the massive bullseye painted on it.

How do you guys feel about this exploit and Sony's handling of your information and as a result, the handling of this huge predicament they've found themselves in?

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By EVO

At the end of the day, unlike the 360, the PS3 has an amazing lineup of games this year and even the possibility of identity theft won't detract me from enjoying them.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By metalmoog

That's the kicker for me also. PS3 has great exclusives. The only reason why I purchased one. I buy all of the multi console games for the Xbox.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.