Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

Which PS Plus game would / did you vote for?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Poll Which PS Plus game would / did you vote for? (88 votes)

Armello 36%
    Grow Home 59%
    Zombie Vikings 5%

If you've been keeping up with your PSN news, you probably know that Sony is starting a new Vote to Play feature on PS4 that allows gamers to vote for which of three games they'd rather have as a free game on PS Plus. If your choice doesn't win, you can then purchase that game at a discount.

Seems like a smart idea to me. One developer/publisher gets a cut of each "free" download, and the other two get free publicity and purchasing incentives for their game.

So, which did you vote for and why? Either way, I think it'll be interesting to see how Giant Bomb's votes match up against the official poll.

• 
    Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vahleticar

When I looked last night Grow Home was winning by quite a lot, that was my vote too

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When this first came up, I was immediately going to vote for Grow Home. But after watching the Quick Look of Armello, I really want to play that game. So I think I'll vote for Armello and hope it makes it. If not, I'll probably buy it on release.

It's interesting, I got an email from Ubisoft about voting for Grow Home. I know (or have heard) that Sony pay an amount to the developers/publishers for their PS+ games but I always thought it would've been a small enough amount that someone like Ubisoft would rather just sell new games like Grow Home. It must at least be an attractive amount to warrant them wanting to get me to vote to give me their game.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wanna vote for Armello but I can't even find the voting thingy on my PS4. It's supposed to be in the store, right?

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By a_e_martin

@khessed: I found it under 'What's New' on the home screen.

Armello, Armello, three times Armello. (Well, I wish I could vote three times, because of course it's losing.)

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By militantfreudian

I voted for Armello. Shame it's in third place; it looks way more interesting than Grow Home and Zombie Vikings.

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting, didn't realize that you got a discount on the one you voted on if it doesn't win, I was torn between Grow Home and Armello, but went with Grow Home since it was ahead by so much with Armello in third I figured Armello wouldn't win and I may as well widen the gap to make sure zombie vikings(which looks good, just is the game I want the least out of the three) doesn't catch up over the next week.

May have to reevaluate my choice based on this new detail!

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Armello, which honestly rather unsurprisingly is losing. Oh well, the extra discount is all I really want at this point.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

http://www.giantbomb.com/playstation-plus/3015-5817/forums/vote-to-play-ps-poll-what-did-you-vote-for-1779183/#18

This is the third thread on this subject in the past like 24 hours.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will vote for Armello, I liked the Quick Look despite not being into those type of games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Zombie Vikings as its the least likely that I'd but of the three.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Probably Grow Home.

The folks at IGN were talking about this, the methodology for what is really most useful for most people. To me the perfect PS+ free game a certain set of variables

- Good = A game you might have bought a year ago....but maybe you traded it or loaned it or lost it
    - Better = An older lower-tier Triple-A that you might have missed from two years ago
    - Best = A new cool indie title you might not have picked up otherwise

Nothing is worse than a bad game offered for free from PS+, but a close second is one you already bought a year ago that you really don't need. That's why a newer game and likely one you might not buy otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.