Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Has no idea about Instant Collection...

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had no idea you could keep the games you download from Instant Collection. I thought when it rotates in the next month, those games will be locked-out. This now makes the membership more worth it for me now, I was going to get Metro: Last Light on PC, but now for free.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, the games rotate but if you downloaded them they are yours to keep until the membership runs out. If you renew those games will then be made available to you again. Also, you don't have to download them. Just put them in your download history.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chobobot

@mikey87144: Damn! Had no idea, all those free games I could have got. I was put off thinking I had to complete those games within a month due to the rotation.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long have you been a + member?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By probablytuna

Yeah, it's an annoying (and obscure) way to keep the games in your library, but I'm glad they don't lock you out of the games after each month.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

If you're ever debating about buying a game and have PS+ then don't buy it and wait for either a sale or it to be completely free.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316

When I got my Vita last year, I ended up with over a dozen cool games just waiting for me.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chobobot

@mikey87144: For about a month I would say.

@fredchuckdave: Yep, I guess it would be OK to download games that I wouldn't buy Day 1, games like Metro: Last Light, Outlast etc., would be games I wouldn't mind just playing but not keeping forever.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Yup. That's why I "buy" everything that pops up, even stuff I'm not really interested in. It's also why I would suggest people to "buy" all the Vita and PS4 stuff as well, even if you don't have those consoles. If you were to ever end up getting one and still had PS+ you'd have a good amount of games ready to go.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By laserguy

PS Plus is fantastic.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Nodima

I'm sorry for your loss. Loooooove PS+.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If you're ever debating about buying a game and have PS+ then don't buy it and wait for either a sale or it to be completely free.

I wouldn't say that's a hard and fast rule. Things that are super niche and priced accordingly, like most things by XSEED are probably not going to go on sale and would never be free on PS+. On the other hand, things that are constant top sellers are unlikely to ever be free either. Even FF7 and San Andreas weren't part of the recent Final Fantasy and Rockstar sales.

Yup. That's why I "buy" everything that pops up, even stuff I'm not really interested in. It's also why I would suggest people to "buy" all the Vita and PS4 stuff as well, even if you don't have those consoles. If you were to ever end up getting one and still had PS+ you'd have a good amount of games ready to go.

That's why I say PS+ is the video game equivalent of cable. I'm not ever going to want to buy Awesomenauts or Smart As, but if I'm flipping through the channels and they are on then I might stop and play them, like an episode of Bait Car.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've made my habit to login to PSN on my PC at the beginning of each month to "buy" the free games available. Much easier than doing it on the actual Playstation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.