Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

PSP vs PSPgo

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

Last week my PSP died! (RIP)...
    and since I really want to play Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, which is going to be released next month I am going to buy a new one, but I don't know if the best idea is to buy another PSP or a PSPgo... 
    I know the PSPgo has Bluetooth but besides that and the fact that it does not need a UMD to play a game I don't see much of a difference, so I don't know which to buy!

Which do you recommend?

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Heartagram

PSP. There really is no difference and its nice to be able to rent games from gamefly if you don't want to buy it. Just get a big SD card and its basically the same thing.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Heartagram said:
    " PSP. There really is no difference and its nice to be able to rent games from gamefly if you don't want to buy it. Just get a big SD card and its basically the same thing. "
    Plus it's cheaper.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Heartagram said:
    " PSP. There really is no difference and its nice to be able to rent games from gamefly if you don't want to buy it. Just get a big SD card and its basically the same thing. "
    Plus it's cheaper. "
    Plus it has a bigger screen.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jack268

Wasn't there a rumor about PSP-4000 which would basically be a Go with UMD drive? Or was that just a misinterpretation of the PSP phone? I'd wait for that if it was coming. Else, get a PSP-2000, cheaper, cheaper games, rentable games and CFW, the only thing the Go has GOing for it(I has a pun ha ha) is the fact that it looks cool.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Heartagram said:
    Plus it's cheaper. "
    Plus it has a bigger screen. "
    Plus even new games are cheaper in physical form rather than over the service.
    Avatar image for themikelguereca
    TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By TheMikelGuereca

I have a PSP GO! and I find that games on PSN do not go down in price and so you seem to pay a premium to have no UMD. I would get the cheaper one but the Go is nice since it weighs less but that doesn't justify the price. Plus the Go is a nightmare if you buy your games from Amazon.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By 71Ranchero

I may be the oddball on this but If it was me I would get a Go. Better battery life, digital media(Steam > disc), and a slightly more sexy look. It all comes down to if you buy used games often or if you have many UMD's already that would become useless. I would also bet anything that Go gets discontinued before the end of 2011 so thats something to think about too.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Heartagram
    @Atramentous: My point is....you can still buy the digital games on a regular psp...so why spend the extra? If you don't want the UMD's you don't have to get them. 

Also there are a lot of games that don't come out on time on the PSN Store so if you want it day one you have no way of playing it if you have a Go.
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @Heartagram said:
    " @Atramentous: My point is....you can still buy the digital games on a regular psp...so why spend the extra? If you don't want the UMD's you don't have to get them.  Also there are a lot of games that don't come out on time on the PSN Store so if you want it day one you have no way of playing it if you have a Go. "
    I would rather have the smaller system. Like I said, its a personal choice that he would have to make. For me, I dont need the entire back catalog because how many games do you really need to have for a portable. If Im doing any serious gaming its on my pc.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Vorbis

If you're getting a PSP just to play the games at home, go with the 3000, better stick/nub, bigger screen, cheaper games.

If you plan to use it for traveling alot go with the GO, it's much lighter, quieter, smaller, you don't need to carry UMDs around.

Been using the GO for a while now and it's a great for travelling, have about 15 games, several movies and all my music on there.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Devil240Z

as a PSP Go owner I would say get a PSP 3000. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sora_thekey

Okay then... a PSP 3000 it is!

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crypto136
    @sora_thekey said:
    "Last week my PSP died! (RIP)...
    and since I really want to play Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, which is going to be released next month I am going to buy a new one, but I don't know if the best idea is to buy another PSP or a PSPgo...  I know the PSPgo has Bluetooth but besides that and the fact that it does not need a UMD to play a game I don't see much of a difference, so I don't know which to buy! Which do you recommend?"

oh yea btw KHBBS isn't even being released on psn. So the Go isn't getting the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.