Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Could sales problems for PSVita in Japan be due to mem cards?

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kamolahy

From what I've read, they are on short supply with the memory cards. Bad move going proprietary, Sony. But the sales figures being low should be relatively attributable to that, no? I know I wouldn't buy a piece of hardware if I couldn't have all the equipment needed to get the full experience.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm sure that that's not the only reason.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Vexxan

The Vita needs Monster Hunter to work in Japan.

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kamolahy

@Vexxan: Yeah don't know how Sony lost that one...

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Vexxan said:

This is mostly it. If you look at weekly sells there is always major increases when a new game comes out Japan wants. There is more than just Monster Hunter that can move Vitas (we'd probably see a huge jump if like SE put out some FF spinoff) but really the fact is the selection is pretty slim on games that will move units, and with Nintendo having Monster Hunter it's probably going to be rough roads for the vita for a while.
    kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kamolahy

@Zenaxzd said:

@Vexxan said:

This is mostly it. If you look at weekly sells there is always major increases when a new game comes out Japan wants. There is more than just Monster Hunter that can move Vitas (we'd probably see a huge jump if like SE put out some FF spinoff) but really the fact is the selection is pretty slim on games that will move units, and with Nintendo having Monster Hunter it's probably going to be rough roads for the vita for a while.

This actually makes me even more curious as to what the Vita will do here. The lineup we're seeing is pretty Western-focused. I'm noticing, despite a large number of media concerns, a lot of consumer interest... more than I expected at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.