Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

New PlayStation Vita Bundled announced

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Hey fellow gamers!

Uncle Sony's got a brand new CRAZY Vita bundle for you!

It's the hot new handheld video gaming system that the kids can't stop playing!

[ATARI DONKEY KONG SOUNDS PLAYING LOUDLY IN THE BACKGROUND]

Shoot the final boss and get the high-score! Level 3!!

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia has announced a limited quantity “PlayStation Vita Starter Kit Wi-Fi Model” bundle for Japan, launching on March 3 for 19,980 yen (approx. $175 USD).

The bundle will be available in “Glacier White” and “Aqua Blue” color variations, and including the following:

• PS Vita Wi-Fi model
    • 16GB memory card
    • USB cable
    • AC adapter
    • Power cord
    • Manual

I think it's pretty interesting to see how popular the Vita still is in Asia compared to the rest of the world, where it's considered a legacy platform. Despite all that, they still want an arm and a leg for a memory card.

I like my Vita! I got a pretty hefty backlog of games for it by now, but there is quite a lot of excellent Japanese titles that I want to play eventually.

(Via Gematsu)

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

Oh, Uncle Sony... the price for a useful Vita memory card may as well be the price for a new Vita! I barely keep track of Vita releases anymore, but it feels like we get a (relatively) nice amount of Japanese games being brought over here... though it just seems to be that and cross-buy indie games at this point, pretty much. Not that I'm complaining.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Man, I wish they'd being this bundle to the US. I'd totally jump on that deal.

I had a vita that I sold, and I really regret that decision. What a wonderful little system.

RP912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RP912

Not a bad deal. Shame the Vita is not on the radar of Sony when it comes down to releases or even fixing up the Vita store :(. It shouldn't crash every time I tried to redownload my games.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

This post works better if everyone just pushes play on this video before reading.

Loading Video...

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Still kind of wish I bought the FFXHD Vita bundle

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't bought a new Vita game since.... Persona 4 Golden? But that hasn't stopped me from still taking it out every once in a while to play some good old Final Fantasy or as with the past two months, actively going through NG+ on P4G.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

This is anecdotal, but when I was in Japan a few months ago I saw quite a bit of the Vita around in stores and a couple of times on TV. The thing is its the type of games that will never see the light of day in the west. There looked like there was a decent sized market for porting visual novels to the Vita (including older games; not just Steins;Gate and Danganronpa) and I saw a few random anime action/RPG tie-in games that weren't related to Sword Art Online. (I would give an example, but I've never heard or seen anything from those games or animes since.)

So yeah, in Japan its definitely lively than it is in the west. Even if they are still niche, there are more establish demographics in Japan that are still kicking around.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The Vita is far from dead. I've been using mine a lot. I love the Vita as a JRPG and VN machine. There is plenty of games for it and plenty still coming. I love my Vita. Only problem is the limited space I have for all games. I have a 16GB and two 4GB (the 4GB were on sale for just $3) I want 64 GB but that is expensive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.