Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

PS Vita prices (UK)

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Branwulf

This is mostly relevant to the UK in my case but I find this hilarious.

In the US the PS Vita is $250 for the wifi version and $299 for the 3G verson. Okay, it's not cheap, but it's not as bad as it could be.

In the UK however, it's £229.99 and £279.99, that coverts to $360 and $440 roughly, this doesn't even include the required SD card either.

How can they really expect this to take off? Most people have phones that can entertain them on the move now and consoles that are cheaper than this at home.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By poisonmonkey

I totally agree, as usual we are screwed in the UK. If people really want a Vita (which they wont!) it will be cheaper to import one if it turns out to be region free.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Levius

Fuck, I was really considering getting a vita; I guess I'll just buy a PSP when the price drops through the floor. At least I know there's cheap games i'm interested in on that

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alternate

Those US prices do not include any sales tax but the UK prices include VAT. Still dearer here - what isn't - but not quite as much as you think.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Gav47

So import one if its that big of a deal. $250 = £163 + 21% Vat = £196 + shipping. With means you might save £15 if you choose the uninsured, non tracked shipping method. Sounds like a bargain to me.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By matoya

@Gav47 said:

So import one if its that big of a deal. $250 = £163 + 21% Vat = £196 + shipping. With means you might save £15 if you choose the uninsured, non tracked shipping method. Sounds like a bargain to me.

Except it might be region locked

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Gav47

@Matoya: Both the PSP and the PS3 are region free so there is a very good chance the Vita will be the same. I can't think of any issue this generation that would cause Sony to flip flop on the matter.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By matoya

@Gav47 said:

@Matoya: Both the PSP and the PS3 are region free so there is a very good chance the Vita will be the same. I can't think of any issue this generation that would cause Sony to flip flop on the matter.

Aye true. I just mean for things like the store and so on, if other things are any indication

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Will1Lucky

Should have taken Nintendo's method of allowing the retailers to set the price, the 3DS was a nice price before the price cut and is an insane steal now in some places.

bsavvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By bsavvi

I pre-ordered my Vita from Zavvi.co.uk for £196 a few weeks ago. There site was really slow because of it and within maybe 1 hour it went upto £220. Also i just ordered a PS VITA memory card 16gb for £40 from Amazon UK, in the US its $70 which works out to £45, so the exchange rate has actually worked in my favor. Yes its more then normal cards but not as crazy as the media has made it.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Julmust

@bsavvi: Seriously? You can get a 16gb card for 9£, four times the price is insane.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.