Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

The Gamestop in my area just set up their Vita demo station today

Vyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vyse

I was talking to the manager of my local Gamestop with a couple of friends today when a giant box showed up at the store. It ended up being a demo kiosk set-up for the Vita. As soon as he set it up, he let us have a go at it.

I ended up playing the demo for Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Escape Plan while my friend played Gravity Rush. There were a few other demos including the new Wipeout and Hot Shot Golf games. There was no sound coming out of the Vita though, even with the volume maxed. Gravity Rush and Escape Plan were pretty cool, but I don't know what to think about Uncharted now.

The demo for Uncharted is just a short traversal section but I felt like I was lost in every room I landed in. There's a part where you have to cut open a tarp with a machete using touch screen controls, but you have to be incredibly close to the tarp to activate the action to cut it. I ran around the room for quite a while before I just happened to see the "use the machete" button come up. Once you "finish" the demo, it just starts over with no warning. I though I had died or something and went through the whole thing again just to see it happen again. It also turned off the subtitles I had turned on when I did that for some reason. The game still looks beautiful though, well, except for the extremely pixelated fire that was in the area.

I think demo for Uncharted was pretty crappy, but I don't want the demo to turn me away from playing the game. I'm just a little unsure of it now.

So, I just wanted let everyone know that Gamestops should be setting up Vita demo units soon. Have fun!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

Thanks for the tip...

Just let me know when the next Lumines comes out.

steveurkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By steveurkel
    @Vyse said:
    Have fun!
    It didn't sound like you followed your own advice.
    Vyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vyse

@steveurkel: Hey, Escape Plan was pretty fun! I just hope everyone has better luck with Uncharted.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Cool beans. I'll try one out when I go pre-order Mass Effect 3 (since Kingdoms of Amalur's demo was kind of disappointing)

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By kingzetta

so did you break it? that's what demo stations are for

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.