Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Vita stopped working

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I am super sad, I just bought my fita back in Feb and have put a lot of hours into it. Which I am surprised, I was actually thinking I was only getting it for Persona 4 golden and oddly enough I was going to be okay with that. However, I've touched the vita (lawl touch) more than my consoles this year. The buttons stopped working just randomly while playing Rayman. It's under warranty so they are sending me a box to ship it but it sucks that I will be without for a bit. I was drinking water and I thought I might of missed my mouth for a tiny second but when I looked down I did not see water anywhere on it but the odds of it not working right after may mean I did it.

Anyone else have to ship it off? and how long did it take to get it back the lady couldn't tell me. She kept trying to push buying the 2 year protection plan the whole time and I said "I'll think about it because yalls shit always break" ;P

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@eightbitshik: You can only blame yourself. BLAME YOURSELF!

My Vita still works perfectly fine. The only problem is that my battery always jumps from full to half battery very fast.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bigjeffrey

My Vita Stopped working after finishing Persona 4, as in i have not touched it and probably never will. WAS WORTH IT

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Fucking hell... I'm gonna remember this and not buy that PS4 + Vita bundle, then. I should ask my friend if his still works..

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@blu3v3nom07: Been using mine a bunch, still works fine here! I would not worry too much, probably just a one off thing.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By JBG4

@blu3v3nom07: You're going to base a purchasing decision on one random hardware failure, that could have been caused by water getting into the system. that makes zero sense to me.

Mine has worked perfectly since launch and I haven't heard of any massive hardware issues with them. I would say be a bit more careful with liquids around it when you get it back from repairs.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been using mine alot, bought it in September 2012. still works perfectly fine.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Bought mine at launch, and yeah still works. That is not a major issue. So feel safe in getting the system. It rocks.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By DarthOrange

My Vita's 32 gig card (which was full) got corrupted earlier this year (I had it since launch) and I lost all my data. And just now with the new update they release cloud storage. :(

Your situation isn't too bad if your saves are still ok.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: Cloud storage has been on the Vita since PS+ came to it. It's in the content manager app. I don't understand how people never found this?!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@darthorange: Cloud storage has been on the Vita since PS+ came to it. It's in the content manager app. I don't understand how people never found this?!

It wasn't made clear? :(

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: I mess with my Vita all the time so I found it. Maybe they said it when they announced PS+ for it. I don't know though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.