Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

You Can Have Multiple PSN Accounts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By 014

...but you'll need a separate memory card for each account. One card can only be used for one account. But you can use multiple cards for an account. Source

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Okay... so...?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

It's good that they are supporting multiple accounts but this is going to be a personal device for me.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hatking

I'm guessing they're doing this to combat people making tons of PSN names like they do on PS3. This issue could at least be partially solved if they'd implement the ability to change your PSN name.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

@HatKing: But they wouldn't want to allow people to change there name every other day so they'd put a fee on it like Microsoft does and I'm not sure many people will be happy about that. How much does it cost to change your name on Xbox?

mac_n_nina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mac_n_nina

@msavo: 800 points which is 10 bucks kinda expensive

also i could care less about multiple accounts since i won't be sharing with anyone

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1

@mac_n_nina: That is kind of expensive. And yeah I think that will be the case for most people, it being a personal device, though it is nice for families who just want to get one and have the kids share it.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SuperWristBands

@msavo said:

@HatKing: But they wouldn't want to allow people to change there name every other day so they'd put a fee on it like Microsoft does and I'm not sure many people will be happy about that. How much does it cost to change your name on Xbox?

I'm sure if people thought about it they wouldn't be upset. I was pretty green on PSN purchases when I decided I wanted to change my name but it still sucked. I gave up an account with lvl 10-ish trophies and about $30 worth of PSP games since I can only have one account active at a time on that thing.

All in all, I'd have gladly paid $10 to change my name, like I did with my account on the 360, instead of giving up all those trophies.

mac_n_nina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mac_n_nina

I wish they make a mario kart type of game on ps vita

something along the lines of turbo kids on ps1 or the name was something like that

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hatking

@SuperWristBands said:

@msavo said:

I'm sure if people thought about it they wouldn't be upset. I was pretty green on PSN purchases when I decided I wanted to change my name but it still sucked. I gave up an account with lvl 10-ish trophies and about $30 worth of PSP games since I can only have one account active at a time on that thing.

All in all, I'd have gladly paid $10 to change my name, like I did with my account on the 360, instead of giving up all those trophies.

Maybe they could do something along the lines of getting one free one then ten dollars for every change after that but only one change per three months? There are ways to limit it. Personally I hate when people change their Gamertag every month on XBL, I lose track of who is who. A simple automated message that said "GamerTag1 is now GamerTag2" would solve that issue. Eh... there are tons of ways to go about it, but I guess little things like that make it clear why XBL is paid for (even if you have to pay additional fees to change your name).

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By polydeukes

@mac_n_nina said:

I wish they make a mario kart type of game on ps vita

something along the lines of turbo kids on ps1 or the name was something like that

http://www.giantbomb.com/modnation-racers/61-26848/

There's a Vita version going to be available at launch with new... stuff.

Void_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Void_Wizard

This pisses me off. I like to occasionally download games from the Japanese PSN Store and with this development I would need 2 memory cards(I want to avoid high international shipping + inflated prices). This might be the final deal-breaker for me not sure yet...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Void_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Void_Wizard

Wow, just wow. Sony DRM is going too far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.