264 Comments
Posted by BluPotato

So Vinny's kid is coming along being awesome.

Edited by Sammo21

There needs to be a program that I can run the Bombcast through that filters out all talks of DOTA2. Talking about DOTA2 is cool. Talking about DOTA2 every week gets boring. Fuck, I can't wait until game overload so maybe it gets drowned out a bit. Bring on October and November, pleas! I think I'd even welcome extended talk about Call of Duty Ghosts even...which is a bad sign.

Listening to Bombers try and talk about Star Citizen to Vinny when they seem to know about as much as he does was pretty funny.

Edited by jimmyfenix

So this is what the dream feels like....This is the victory we longed for.

Posted by meaninoflife42

I'll try to find a good therapist to help Dota 2 deal with this traumatic event.

Edited by 2HeadedNinja

@sammo21 said:

There needs to be a program that I can run the Bombcast through that filters out all talks of DOTA2. Talking about DOTA2 is cool. Talking about DOTA2 every week gets boring. Fuck, I can't wait until game overload so maybe it gets drowned out a bit. Bring on October and November, pleas! I think I'd even welcome extended talk about Call of Duty Ghosts even...which is a bad sign.

you do realize there was no dota talk in the last few podcasts and jeff only keeps putting it into the description because people like you complain about dota, right? ... Just a heads up.

Posted by Jeff

@erbarad: The file is mono. Your equipment is misconfigured or broken.

Staff
Posted by ttthrasher

Drew is ok and all, but I hope Dota 2 is a permanent member of the Bombcast.

Posted by Bam_Boozilled

This is the last Bombcast before GTA 5. Oh sweet Jesus its close.

Posted by DeadeyeMcCoy

Man, y'all are nuts! I thought the platforming rift minigame in SRIV was tons of fun. I really liked timing how long I held down the jump button during jumps in preparation for the next jump and making last-minute midair dashes to correct my fall. If anything I thought the game was a bit too forgiving on what constituted a "bullseye," but like you guys said that kind of "man, whatever" approach to difficulty is par for the course mostly in a good way for that game.

Edited by Shinoadr

You make me feel so young!

Edited by pingolobo

They totally had all the powers of Saints 4 in Saints the Third. If anyone played ''The Trouble With Clones'' DLC, you see a lot of the super powers like the turbo sprinting and such. I am sure that with mods, We will get super powers in Saints The Third.

I always wanted to play as Oleg.

Posted by beachonthemoon
Posted by MATATAT

Drew crashes a jetski.

Edited by kollay

Vindawwwgggggg!

Posted by l4wd0g

Running in 70lbs of gear and boots is rough.

Posted by Hadukinz

Yay! It's Tuesday!

Edited by Murdoc_

You can't get proper poutine on the west coast, Jeff. You had something like poutine, but not poutine. Get your ass to Quebec to enjoy the good stuff.

Posted by MrGtD

They totally had all the powers of Saints 4 in Saints the Third. If anyone played ''The Trouble With Clones'' DLC, you see a lot of the super powers like the turbo sprinting and such. I am sure that with mods, We will get super powers in Saints The Third.

I always wanted to play as Oleg.

Yeah but you only get the super sprint and you only get it for 15 minutes

Posted by vince_kupo

Awesome, an other Bombcast!

Next time can we have Matt Rorie on? :P

Edited by Lucien_Lachance

Jeff really has been isolating himself if he hasn't heard any GTAV hype. Over here in Shaolin, at least, it's the only upcoming video game that anyone's talking about.

Edited by Ben_H

Insane Bombcast

Posted by RonGalaxy

Oh man, did the site say that this bombcast was a little over 3 hours, but it was only an hour and a half? Very deceiving/disappointing

Edited by JZ

Gta4 is terrible and always was. 5 years later your finally seeing that it was just an overhyped piece of crap. Not saying gta 5 is going to be bad, but 4 was awful.

Posted by RonGalaxy

@jz said:

Gta4 is terrible and always was. 5 years later your finally seeing it.

Nah

Posted by JZ

@naru_joe93: red dead and bully, only good games rockstar has ever made.

Posted by Legion_

Love earlycasts.

Earlycasts are the new standardcasts.

Edited by KookKui

Awesome, an other Bombcast!

Next time can we have Matt Rorie on? :P

I too vote to have Matt Rorie on the Bombcast. Please!?

Posted by Yabbering_Yeti

@erbarad said:

Third week in a row I'm getting only the left audio channel :/

maybe you have gone deaf in one ear?

Also, podcast is in mono - so only one channel. check your player settings if its only coming out of one speaker.

Edited by RonGalaxy

@jz: Mmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm

Posted by Legion_

Love earlycasts.

Earlycasts are the new standardcasts.

Posted by KookKui

Awesome, an other Bombcast!

Next time can we have Matt Rorie on? :P

I too vote to have Matt Rorie on the Bombcast. Please!?

Edited by Yabbering_Yeti

@erbarad said:

Third week in a row I'm getting only the left audio channel :/

maybe you have gone deaf in one ear?

Also, podcast is in mono - so only one channel. check your player settings if its only coming out of one speaker.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

@jz said:

@naru_joe93: red dead and bully, only good games rockstar has ever made.

I love when people state opinions like facts

Posted by KookKui

Awesome, an other Bombcast!

Next time can we have Matt Rorie on? :P

I too vote to have Matt Rorie on the Bombcast. Please!?

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

@jz said:

@naru_joe93: red dead and bully, only good games rockstar has ever made.

I love when people state opinions like facts

Posted by StrainedEyes

@jz said:

Gta4 is terrible and always was. 5 years later your finally seeing that it was just an overhyped piece of crap. Not saying gta 5 is going to be bad, but 4 was awful.

I'm re-playing IV in preparation for V, and while the graphics/gameplay age it negatively, it is still a fantastic game with a great story, atmosphere, and voice acting.

Posted by preaser

please change the album artwork to the dota 2 logo

Posted by Yummylee
@jz said:

@naru_joe93: red dead and bully, only good games rockstar has ever made.

http://cdn.evilbeetgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Lindsay-Lohan-2.gif

Edited by WVUEers

@jz: That's your opinion... but I just want you to know that your opinion is wrong.

Edited by iAmJohn
@mrgtd said:

@pingolobo said:

They totally had all the powers of Saints 4 in Saints the Third. If anyone played ''The Trouble With Clones'' DLC, you see a lot of the super powers like the turbo sprinting and such. I am sure that with mods, We will get super powers in Saints The Third.

I always wanted to play as Oleg.

Yeah but you only get the super sprint and you only get it for 15 minutes

And the controls are fucking terrible. Same with the glider suit from the Genki DLC.

One thing I don't think the detractors really understand is that even though they experimented with some of that stuff in The Third, it was all hot garbage. SR4 is worth it if for no other reason than they get those physics and controls completely right.

Online
Posted by monkeystick

THANKS POPS

Posted by Rirse

@iamjohn said:
@mrgtd said:

@pingolobo said:

They totally had all the powers of Saints 4 in Saints the Third. If anyone played ''The Trouble With Clones'' DLC, you see a lot of the super powers like the turbo sprinting and such. I am sure that with mods, We will get super powers in Saints The Third.

I always wanted to play as Oleg.

Yeah but you only get the super sprint and you only get it for 15 minutes

And the controls are fucking terrible. Same with the glider suit from the Genki DLC.

One thing I don't think the detractors really understand is that even though they experimented with some of that stuff in The Third, it was all hot garbage. SR4 is worth it if for no other reason than they get those physics and controls completely right.

Actually Idolninja already made a setting in his "Gentleman of Steelport" mod that enables both the glider suit and all the super powers.

Posted by Coolarman

@jz said:

Gta4 is terrible and always was. 5 years later your finally seeing that it was just an overhyped piece of crap. Not saying gta 5 is going to be bad, but 4 was awful.

I like how you say that as if it is fact.

Posted by JOURN3Y

So glad to have Vinny back, it makes me wish for another Dadcast.

also, GTA IV was not a good game nor did it have a good story. GTA V actually looks pretty good, this is coming from a guy that has never enjoyed GTA games or any R* games.

Edited by Seikenfreak

I feel like you guys need an MMO veteran to chime in on this stuff. Its really hard to hear you guys discuss FF14 and MMOs in general as I feel like you're missing a lot of comparisons and such. It sounds like Brad has the same issue a lot of MMO people have: trying to capture that original first MMO experience. Jeff has the right idea and seems to have a good perspective on the genre as an outsider I guess. It's not that the genre sucks compared to WoW, its that you now seem to want something that isn't an MMO. It's about working with others and technical fights that required coordination by the end of the game.

You discuss removing these "Holy Trinity" roles but that's what Guild Wars 2 tried to do and it made your character feel generic. And they jammed in a bunch of skills into the first 20-30 levels to make that "exciting" like Brad mentions, but then you end up using the same three skills from 30 to 80.

And general information like that anyone who bought the original release 3 years ago got the new game for free. Or that anyone who buys the PS3 version now will apparently get the PS4 version for free?

Just weird and depressing hearing Brad lol. The same way hes talking about Saints Row 4 in comparison to Grand Theft Auto 5 is the same way hes comparing MMOs. He seems to want it to be something that it isn't. I think he's going to feel pretty meh about GTA5.

Posted by mrfluke

don't understand the hate for gta 4, loved that game even replayed that game recently and still loved it,

Posted by Coolarman

@mrfluke said:

don't understand the hate for gta 4, loved that game even replayed that game recently and still loved it, the story and characters made that game.

Yeah i don't get it either. I do think that the game may not has aged well recently but I still think its a great game. HOW CAN ANYONE HATE ON BRUCIE

Edited by devotfeige

Goddamn but Drew's casual adventures in everything make me feel like a sedentary fucker. Love hearing what that duder's up to on the regular.