Poke'mon Made My Childhood Better

#1 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -
#2 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Oh, nostalgia.  You cheeky bastard, you.

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Being eight years old wouldn't have been as amazing without Pokemon.

#4 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

It is Pokémon, damn it!

...did that give my answer away?

#5 Posted by drewm135 (215 posts) -

Oh man....the nostalgia. I remember spending hours and hours playing pokemon yellow as a kid. I loved that game to death. Ha I remember how pissed Pikachu looked at me in the beginning of the game. The cartoons were great and sometimes even though I'm in college now I love to go play a good ol' pokemon game as a guilty pleasure. But not too often because let's be honest, 10 years of pokemon games can kind of wear down the formula a bit

#6 Edited by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -
@Bigandtasty: Hey man, I did a Google search of " the pokemon e"  and nothing came up.  You have to give me credit for trying, right?
#7 Posted by Asurastrike (2160 posts) -

I replay my Blue version every year or 2.

#8 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:
"I replay my Blue version every year or 2. "
Same. It's an annual tradition for me, playing through the original Game Boy games.
#9 Posted by Metiphis (388 posts) -

Ahhh you youngins.  I had Transformers, G.I. Joe and He-Man growing up, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle phase.  You kids with yer new fangled Pokemon.

#10 Posted by Tearhead (2152 posts) -

Pokemon made my childhood better. It's Yu-Gi-Oh that fucked me over.

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -
@Metiphis said:
" Ahhh you youngins.  I had Transformers, G.I. Joe and He-Man growing up, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle phase.  You kids with yer new fangled Pokemon. "
I had the Charleston, see. I was good, see.
#12 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

I remember fighting over the cards at school

#13 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

I learned about Pokemon mostly from playing Smash Bros on N64
#14 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -
@HaltIamReptar: It's spelled Pok(Hold ALT+0233, on the Keypad)mon. 

Like this: Pokémon 
#15 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

Pokemon defined my childhood. My best friend and I spent countless hours playing. I looked forward to car trips, because it was the only time my parents wouldn't get mad if I palyed nonstop for 8 hours.
#16 Posted by jinxman (514 posts) -

hell ya it made my childhood better...i mean, i still keep up with the new games :P 

I spent about a seventh of the last family trip playing through platinum.  it was awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.