Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Poker Night 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 24, 2013

The sequel to Telltale Games's poker-crossover game, Poker Night at the Inventory, branching out into beloved characters who aren't even tangentially related to video games.

I'm actually pretty excited for this game.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Valames

<p>Some of the best moments I had in Red Dead Redemption were the poker games. There was an ambiance that was hard to match with one of my favorite themes (western). I would enjoy just hanging out in the world, hearing the old men talk to each other, and listen to the rain fall as we played hours of poker. The first Poker Night had something like this. It was a few crazy guys hanging out talking about nonsense, but the feeling of playing poker with personalities was the same. I look forward to the next one, I've spent $5 on worse and worse for me.</p>

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

The conversations in the first game were pretty funny and entertaining. I think got Poker Night at the Inventory as part of a Telltale pack, and I ended up pre-ordering this one for the extra copy of Poker Night (and I think a slightly discounted price).

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm looking forward to it too. The first was one of the funniest games I've ever played, and it's a nice cooldown game when I need a couple hours to relax. The soundtrack to the original was great, too. Apparently there's a jazzy version of "No Rest For The Wicked" in the game! I can't wait to hear that.

I was wrong about Ash's VA being Bruce Campbell, because it's not, and I apologize for my error, but I still stick by my belief that he's actually doing a pretty good job.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the kinda game that hinges on the banter of the characters to justify a score. The game play is just the vehicle for putting unique personalities in a room who just so happen to be playing poker. In a couple of hours with the title I did start to see some loops in conversation, a party who loses leaves the table for the rest of the game, some boredom and tedium can ensue if it's down to you and one other participant because as your character is silent you will not be treated to as many of the quirks the game typically has to offer. If you really enjoy poker it should be a good purchase. If you feel attached to at least one of these characters you will probably want it also. But if after you have exhausted what appears to be a limited amount of conversation between these poker players your measured success of enjoyment to dollar ratio will probably cause you question the entertainment value you have received.

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valames said:

<p>Some of the best moments I had in Red Dead Redemption were the poker games. There was an ambiance that was hard to match with one of my favorite themes (western). I would enjoy just hanging out in the world, hearing the old men talk to each other, and listen to the rain fall as we played hours of poker. The first Poker Night had something like this. It was a few crazy guys hanging out talking about nonsense, but the feeling of playing poker with personalities was the same. I look forward to the next one, I've spent $5 on worse and worse for me.</p>

I could never get into RDR poker as they were playing Hold'Em when they should have been playing draw poker. Little things like that don't usually break immersion for me but for whatever reason it did in this game.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I've gotten some pretty good chuckles from this game so far.

Also it seems like they're biasing the draws for more ridiculous hands. I've seen 4 of a kind about three times. Managed to flop this as well, which is great, but I need it in poker night 1 for the god damn achievement.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.