Portal 3

#1 Posted by Assassin17 (19 posts) -

if any of you have seen the short "After Aperture", then you must give me an opinion if this means they will or will not count to 3 after that.

#2 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Can you provide a link to the video? Or something?

#3 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I'm fairly sure they're working on a third game. It's a successful franchise, and they will definitely make money on it.  

The THREE Box. Including: 
Half Life 3 
Portal 3 
Team Fortress 3 

#4 Posted by Gnubberen (765 posts) -

@foggel said:

I'm fairly sure they're working on a third game. It's a successful franchise, and they will definitely make money on it. The THREE Box. Including: Half Life 3 Portal 3 Team Fortress 3

also Dota 3 and Left 4 Dead 3

#5 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -
@FlemmingM said:

@foggel said:

I'm fairly sure they're working on a third game. It's a successful franchise, and they will definitely make money on it. The THREE Box. Including: Half Life 3 Portal 3 Team Fortress 3

Launched alongside with Source 3 engine.
#6 Posted by Ghostiet (5245 posts) -
@foggel said:
@FlemmingM said:

@foggel said:

And the new Faucet console.
#7 Edited by SethPhotopoulos (5227 posts) -

Didn't Valve say they would announce something with a three in its title at E3? Were they lying or was that a rumor?

#8 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@foggel said:

give this man a job!

#9 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Didn't Valve say they would announce something with a three in its title at E3? Were they lying or was that a rumor?

Yes, the answer is give us 3 more years to launch a third game of a series :D

#10 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5227 posts) -

@McShank said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Is that seriously it or a joke?

#11 Posted by doosmacleod (187 posts) -

@Ghostiet said:

@foggel said:
@FlemmingM said:

@foggel said:

And the new Faucet console.

That's strange.

I don't remember ever buying a tent, I seem to have one.

#12 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@McShank said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

personally, I think it would he hilarious if it was true.

#13 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5227 posts) -

@McShank said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@McShank said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

personally, I think it would he hilarious if it was true.

It sounds like something they'd do. RRRGGGRGGRGRGR. I don't care.

#14 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

Pfft, Valve can't make a third game, the whole universe would implode.

#15 Posted by Assassin17 (19 posts) -

Here for those of you who want to see the video heres the linkhttp://youtu.be/T4VwJb7najw.Was a good video, really telling us the they can do the impossible people. And the impossible is counting to 3.

#16 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@foggel said:

God I wish this would happen. Like. Right now. I would not leave my house for a week.

#17 Posted by JoeyRavn (4964 posts) -

Does a fan movie mean that Valve will release Portal 3? Sure.

#18 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: No, money means that they'll release Portal 3. Maybe even some time in the next decade.

#19 Posted by AndrewB (7575 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@McShank said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Wasn't it confirmed shortly before that that was a fake rumor? And if it wasn't, the confirmation was them not saying anything... again...

#20 Posted by JoeyRavn (4964 posts) -

@Elazul said:

@JoeyRavn: No, money means that they'll release Portal 3. Maybe even some time in the next decade.

The OP asked about a fan-made movie, not what ensures Portal 3 release.

And, yeah, I was being sarcastic.

#21 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

@Elazul said:

The OP asked about a fan-made movie, not what ensures Portal 3 release.

And, yeah, I was being sarcastic.

Yeah, I know, I was joking too. That's what the whole 'Maybe even some time in the next decade' thing was about. Maybe I should've italicized everything.

#22 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

I liked HL2 better, it felt more grounded. And I liked the story.

#23 Edited by probablytuna (3610 posts) -

Valve will never do a third title in any of their franchises.

#24 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@McShank said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Wasn't it confirmed shortly before that that was a fake rumor? And if it wasn't, the confirmation was them not saying anything... again...

was this not also part of me joke? valve does what they want and if i ran it I would do the same damn thing and get a kick out of every angry person i see. Gabe probably gets off at the hate filled words and glares that people send his way due to no half life 3.. because it will never happen. he loves the hate!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.