Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 17, 2009

A platforming-action game for the PlayStation Portable where you control a Prinny squad of 1,000 doods on a quest to recover some stolen sweets.

So I picked this up today...

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Jesus Christ, this is like the Ninja Gaiden of 2D platformers.

Hell, Megamn 9 didn't cause me that much trouble and I've already wasted nearly ONE HUNDRED LIVES on Prnny: Can I Really Be the Hero?

I can't even imagine what it would be like on Hellish Mode, aka, the mode where you die the instant you are hit.

Let's put it this way, that 1000 lives it starts you off with?

That sir, is not a joke. You will fucking need them.

If this game wasn't one of best platformers to come out in years, I would have thrown down my PSP in disgust after the first level.

The problem is though, unlike games such as Megaman 9, it's very very hard to blame the game when you lose. Almost every time I've lost a life, I felt as though it was only my lack of skill that paved the way to the cruel demise of yet another Prinny.

The game is somewhat genuis in the way it uses lives, since every life is basically an indiviual Prinny you start to feel really bad after you blow through twenty of them getting through a level.

Some people have complained about the jumping controls, mostly the fact that you can't change direction in mid jump, though it's really just because it is a different game.

This is not a platformer where you can blow through it without utllizing every single one of your moves. Usually in combination to make jumps of impossible height and to take out the games multide of bosses.

A butt stomp move has never made such a difference.

So, bottom line of this senseless 1 AM in the morning why the fuck am I still up rant, if you have a PSP fucking buy Prinny.

It's only forty bucks, it has two different modes, mutliple variations of every level, a CD, a comic, and it's one of the fucking hardest/fucking best original platformers to come out in years.

I'm going to go to bed now.

After I play some more Prinny.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

Coolio...I've been really interested in this game, but a bit hesitant to pick it up. It doesn't really matter though...it's an Atlus game and that's pretty much enough to make me buy it :P

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

I think Ninja Gaiden is the Ninja Gaiden of 2D Platformers...

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

I have never heard of this Prinny you speak of!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush
    c1337us said:
    "I have never heard of this Prinny you speak of!"
    I'm sure there are many people who have never heard of Prinnies, but this time....they really can be the hero! :P Who doesn't love an exploding penguin?
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

I was going to buy it back when it was supposed to be a 20 dollar download on the PSP Store, but 40 is way too much for something like this. I'll wait for a price drop.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    PureRok said:
    "I think Ninja Gaiden is the Ninja Gaiden of 2D Platformers..."
    No.

I have both Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden II for NES.

Those are nothing compared to the new ones.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.