Something went wrong. Try again later

The new Engine is great! Also other things.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Sterling

Started up a BAL (Become a Legend) player last night. The new engine/animations are incredible. Also the CPU seems to actually be playing defense this time. Players rushing in to cut off passes, blocking runs, catching guys in off-sides, etc. They also do different attacks through out the game. Instead of just doing the same setup over and over. I also found it nice playing as a CMF that my strikers would actually make runs without me telling them to. They watched what I was doing with the ball, and if the option was there, they would make a run for the through or lob. Really glad I went with this over FIFA this year. I will get FIFA on next gen however. Bur for now I will enjoy this game.

They also added in some more South American leagues/teams. Got rid of the PES/WES leagues. Added a few other leagues. Asia and Australia. The career mode as a player (BAL) seems more real thus far also. I am not auto picked for every game with low stats/unproven. Eight games into the season and the cpu coach is actually rotating the roster properly. I've only played in three games. Started one and came in as a sub in two. Some people might not like this, but I do.

I haven't played any of the other modes yet, but so far I am really enjoying this. The one thing I don't like however is the new menu system. Its pretty terrible.

sween24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sween24

Good to hear, having played both the demos I think i'm gonna go with Pro Evo this year- the single player modes always offer a better experience and it feels as though the gameplay has caught up.

Online still buggy as shit though?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Online is broken thus far. I can't even connect. Some people are able to though it seems. They have a notice up that says they are aware and working on the problem for those that can not. I think its region based maybe, not sure.

I turned on advanced shooting and passing last night. Holy crap will that take some getting used to. But man, is it nice. You can actually aim everything yourself. You pick the spot you want to pass to on the field, making your teammate run to that spot. You can pick the exact spot you want to shoot at on goal. However, it is never precise. You have to gauge the power, which the more power the less precision. Also its based off your players stats. So a low outside the box stat, and you are going to miss wide 9 times out of 10. Or a bad long pass stat, that long lob is going to be over shot or too far off to one side. But man does it make it so much more fun. And more of a challenge.

Also, man, did I mention how great the animations are. I really notice them in the BAL camera. Not so much in the old school side broadcast view. Because its so far pulled back. But when you get a camera angle down on the pitch, its almost like playing a different game all together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.