Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, also known as PES 2015 and Winning Eleven 2015 in some regions, is a football simulation video game and the latest iteration in the Pro Evolution Soccer series developed by Konami Digital Entertainment.

PES 2015 - PC Edition question

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

Just a quick question. Does the PC retail edition (i.e. the disk based version) require Steam to play? I ask as a friend bought the digital version on Steam but the retail version is cheaper to buy I have found, I want to be able to play it with him an also have it in my Steam library. Is this the case or is the retail version like the older ones in that they just run as their own executable and requires no other software outside of Windows etc?

Thank you.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to bump this topic, but does anybody have an answer? When I look online there is no answer one way or another.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By bacongames

If you go to the forums for the game on Steam (which you can find on the store page under "view discussions") and do a search for retail, that should help.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's Steam yeah. The Amazon US digi download says a Steam account is a requirement.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bacongames:

I had a look and it was not very clear, people were discussing retail codes but nobody seemed to indicate whether it was for the disk release or they had bought the CD key to enter into Steam from a third party web site.

Anyway, I contacted a store selling the game to see and they claim it has a Steam activation code so I bought it on PC. I will post here if it does or does not have Steam required to play as it still seems in the air.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.