Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Project CARS

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released May 06, 2015

Project CARS (short for Community Assisted Racing Simulator) is a community funded racing simulator developed by Slightly Mad Studios, the developer of the Need for Speed: Shift series.

Rally Confused?

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drchi

I'm confused. Multiple sites online (IGN, Gamepur, here at Giantbomb) list this game as having a Rally Coop (Driver/Co-Driver) mode, but I can't figure out where in the game it is or how to work to unlock it. Then I've seen some posts from WMD saying they were thinking of cutting it out.

Does it have this mode or not?

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ThePanzini

@drchi: Rally was going to be in Project Cars, its been announced for the sequel.

http://games.on.net/2015/06/project-cars-2-crowdfunding-begins/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/23/project-cars-2-has-been-announced-with-rally-focus/

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks.

I'm not going to cry or demand a refund or anything (and I hear the game is still quite good), but that was one of the main reasons I bought the game. Normally I'd tell someone like myself "shoulda done your research" but I did and multiple sources said it was in there. Was it a last minute cut or something? Makes me wary about supporting their crowd-funding for a sequel.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

23 December 2013

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/games/stories/1331625870374/project-cars-the-ultimate-racing-game

However, as complete as Project CARS will undoubtedly be when it eventually launches in November next year, there are elements which will be missing - at least initially. "There are things we want to include but aren’t able to, but we never say never as ultimately Project CARS is a platform upon which we’ll be building in the future. Things that don't fit now may simply be postponed until a later date" admits Tudor.

One of those things is an off-road Rally mode, which is off the table at the time of writing but could well be reconsidered once the game is finished.

With the PC2 announcement I doubt you'll get a rally expansion unless maybe the crowdfunding campaign fails.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@drchi said:

That sucks.

I'm not going to cry or demand a refund or anything (and I hear the game is still quite good), but that was one of the main reasons I bought the game. Normally I'd tell someone like myself "shoulda done your research" but I did and multiple sources said it was in there. Was it a last minute cut or something? Makes me wary about supporting their crowd-funding for a sequel.

I have absolutely no idea why IGN and Gamepur claim there is a co-op rally mode, because as a backer of the game since 2012 I don't think I have ever been under the impression it would have such a mode. Maybe it was an idea they mentioned when they originally pitched the game or something but it hasn't ever had any development work done on it, nor has it been in any of their promotional material for the game.

The post above makes it seem like since 2013 they confirmed it wouldn't be in the game, so looks like some shoddy reporting/wiki maintenance from IGN and Gamepur.

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

The post above makes it seem like since 2013 they confirmed it wouldn't be in the game, so looks like some shoddy reporting/wiki maintenance from IGN and Gamepur.

And Giantbomb, it says it here also (the first place I checked).

It must've been in a press release or something and was regurgitated at these outlets (like AP stories for local newspapers).

I don't read redbull (didn't even know they had a news page or anything) and wasn't a backer. I got the itch watching Drew and Danny's german race and just googled project cars features and it just so happens most of the sites I visited said it was in there, stories reported this year (and some even reporting on the PS4/X1 versions).

Like I said though, not mad or outraged over it, just kinda sucks. I've just never seen something like this happen before; maybe it has for some other game and I was just lucky enough to not see it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.