Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Punisher

Character » appears in 27 games

The Punisher is a vigilante in the Marvel Universe. After the death of his family at the hands of the mafia, Frank Castle becomes The Punisher, dedicated to fighting crime with lethal force.

Thomas Jane produced Punisher short Dirty Laundry

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I've never gotten around to seeing either Punisher films, I plan on it at some point but I remember they weren't reviewed real well. I've always been a fan of Thomas Jane though, even when he was in movies that weren't so great so I was a little disappointed when I started reading reviews for The Punisher. He apparently backed out of the sequel because of the direction it was heading in but apparently he's still really into the character.

At Comic-con this past week he debuted his short Dirty Laundry and it's pretty damn good.

“I wanted to make a fan film for a character I’ve always loved and believed in – a love letter to Frank Castle & his fans. It was an incredible experience with everyone on the project throwing in their time just for the fun of it. It’s been a blast to be a part of from start to finish — we hope the friends of Frank enjoy watching it as much as we did making it.” -Thomas Jane.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about Frank Castle but this seems pretty close to what I know. Gets pretty violent so maybe don't watch it at work. Also Ron Pearlman. What more do you need?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

Also, trigger warning.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Grimhild

Dig it. I'd watch the hell out of this if it were a feature length film.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I enjoyed that.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By napalm

This all seems a ton more in line with what Punisher: War Zone accomplished. I enjoyed Jane's Punisher, but it seemed very... lite. I feel like that character was justified with its sequel, and the violence was just so goddamn awesome. This seems to be in line with that, though with a bit of a different direction. Hopefully somebody is paying attention and gets in talks with Jane about a film. I'd love to see an actual sequel to War Zone, but that movie tanked.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

That was decent. Also, those guys deserve to die for listening to that wack-ass Lil' Wayne song.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @EuanDewar said:
    Also, trigger warning.
    Thanks, it helped.

Besides the fact that's one hell of a strong bottle I loved this.
    Its as gruesome as I expected the Punisher to be and the way they get theirs ( especially mr tough guy ) is golden.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Pretty cool. I'd watch a full feature movie like this.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm

So, the guy who did this is who did Dredd? And people have been saying that Dredd is nothing short of amazing, and according to some, one of the most violent movies they'd ever seen?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By McGhee

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@EuanDewar said:
    Also, trigger warning.
    Thanks, it helped. Besides the fact that's one hell of a strong bottle I loved this. Its as gruesome as I expected the Punisher to be and the way they get theirs ( especially mr tough guy ) is golden.

Real bottles, especially that Jack Daniels bottle, would not shatter like they usually do in movies.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@McGhee: I've no experience with hitting or being hit with a bottle of jack.
    Beer bottles do break as easy as in movies however, that much I did witness.

Guess its the years and years of hollywood that just makes you expect the bottle to shatter on impact right?
    Schatzy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Schatzy23

This was awesome!! I'd love to see Thomas Jane in the Punisher role again. Still by far my favorite movie.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

The best part about this? He didn't even have to touch a gun once.

Regarding the movies:

• Skip the first movie, the one with Dolph Lundgren. It's shit.
    • The Thomas Jane movie is the one that came closest to perfect. Worth watching.
    • War Zone goes overboard with violence. Stevenson is a decent Punisher, but nowhere close to how well Jane did it. The plot was likewise decent, but again, lacking compared to the second movie. Only really worth a watch if you're bored and are just in it for the violence and gore.
    theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By theslothking

Jane's Punisher was good but War Zone was a hot steamy pile of poo. I hope a HBO or a movie company has seen this ,so it can get made into a full movie or tv series.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT

that was pretty intense.

@EuanDewar said:

Also, trigger warning.

what's that?

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@McGhee: I've no experience with hitting or being hit with a bottle of jack. Beer bottles do break as easy as in movies however, that much I did witness. Guess its the years and years of hollywood that just makes you expect the bottle to shatter on impact right?

Yeah I was wondering about that. Also not sure if Jack is actually flammable. Ah well suspension of disbelieve and all that I guess. The main thing we've learned is Tom Jane don't mess.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHT: Some intense/obscene/terrifying scenes can trigger someone who has been victim to such a thing in real life, like a sick beating, rape or torture.
    Bad stuff you don't want to be reminded of mostly.

@TheSouthernDandy
    And he did his laundry while doing it, I could marry a guy like that.
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@TheHT: Some intense/obscene/terrifying scenes can trigger someone who has been victim to such a thing in real life, like a sick beating, rape or torture.
    Bad stuff you don't want to be reminded of mostly.

@TheSouthernDandy: And he did his laundry while doing it, I could marry a guy like that.

Agreed. And I'm straight. I just can't say no to him.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSouthernDandy: He doesn't seem like the guy you'd say no to actually.
    Has there ever been a Punisherette? Not like I have intentions to be but you know, I'm not the type to sit at home.

On a sidenote, feels like almost every female sidekick is either a computer genie or a ninja spy. Strange times.
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@TaliciaDragonsong: You could be Lady Punisher. I would imagine that would be part of your honeymoon. You'd get your own skull shirt and everything. I think Huntress from DC was kinda the female version of Punisher maybe? I could be wrong about that.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSouthernDandy: I have no clue, never went to deep into comics besides the obvious Batman/Marvel stuff.
    I'll pass however, I'll end up being tragically killed by his enemies so he can go Punisher on their asses.

Suddenly being a computer genie sidekick sounds better, hmm.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vodun

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@EuanDewar said:
    Also, trigger warning.
    Thanks, it helped. Besides the fact that's one hell of a strong bottle I loved this. Its as gruesome as I expected the Punisher to be and the way they get theirs ( especially mr tough guy ) is golden.

I actually thought it was nice to for once see a bottle act more realistically...they don't break if you breathe on them as in most movies. This might have been a bit too much tho...maybe it was a special Jack D plexi bottle.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By pbhawks45

@TheHT said:

that was pretty intense.

@EuanDewar said:

Also, trigger warning.

what's that?

Depictions of sexual assaults in movies and other mediums tend to trigger flashbacks for victims rape and abuse. Hence the warning.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@TaliciaDragonsong: Yeah good point. Plus way more time to play video games.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Zombie_

@TaliciaDragonsong: Well, in one of the depictions.. that computer genius sidekick died a horrible death.

@TheSouthernDandy: You're more or less right about Huntress.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@zombiebigfoot: Rad. Aside from Batman my DC knowledge is pretty shoddy. Random thought, Punisher is kinda Batman with no restraints. He would have iced Joker years ago.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Zombie_

@TheSouthernDandy: Eh. My DC and Marvel knowledge is balanced out. Yeah, that's a pretty common comparison. But that's getting into a discussion that's so off-topic that's it's ludicrous.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSouthernDandy: @zombiebigfoot: Being out in the field every day has more danger though, I'd build a kick ass bat cave thingie with traps.
    Wish I could get into comics, there's just so many of them and most are hard enough to get around here.
    strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By strainedeyes

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@McGhee: I've no experience with hitting or being hit with a bottle of jack. Beer bottles do break as easy as in movies however, that much I did witness. Guess its the years and years of hollywood that just makes you expect the bottle to shatter on impact right?

Time to call in the Mythbusters:

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Zombie_

@TaliciaDragonsong: It's easy enough if you start with one character. If you want to get into Punisher.. and don't mind heavy violence/gore, look into the first 8 (I think) volumes of Punisher MAX. Though you may want to avoid the Slavers arc if depictions of assault and/or rape triggers things.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiebigfoot: I can handle a lot, don't worry, knowing beforehand is often valuable to prevent triggers or at least prepare yourself. 

I'll check with my local poor excuse for a bookstore that happens to stock comics at times and some sites, see if I can get into comics again.
    Just kinda want to follow/read one series as you suggested, because there's so many universes, arcs, characters, crossovers...fuck just gimme cool consistent stuff you know!
    Thanks for the suggestion in any case, its on the list.
    _Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Zombie_

@TaliciaDragonsong: It's why I love MAX. It's self-contained, and easily one of the best interpretations of Punisher to date. Though I only say the first 8 volumes, because Ennis left after like.. issue 60, so things got kind of meh past that.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Strife777

I'm one of those few people, it seems, who really enjoyed The Punisher (with Thomas Jane.) Seeing this the other day made excited for it again. I'd love an actual sequel.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By _Zombie_

@Strife777 said:

I'm one of those few people, it seems, who really enjoyed The Punisher (with Thomas Jane.) Seeing this the other day made excited for it again. I'd love an actual sequel.

Lots of people enjoyed the Thomas Jane version. In fact, it's usually the preferred movie out of the three.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Omega

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.