Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Retro Game Challenge

Franchise »

Retro Game Challenge is a Nintendo DS series in which you travel back in time to play faux 8-bit and 16-bit games.

Retro Game Mastering (fan event in Los Angeles).

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

Edited By apathylad

Yesterday, the star of Retro Game Master (a.k.a. GameCenter CX) went to a fan event at the Little Tokyo Galleria Shopping Center, located in Los Angeles, California. I'm pretty new to the series, but the event wasn't too far from home, so I figured it would be a good opportunity to explore a new place. The shopping center itself is pretty nice, but the actual arcade where the event was held was ridiculously stuffy. There was no air conditioning in there, and there was well over one hundred people aching to meet the Kacho.

There were some decent arcade machines there, but I didn't line up to play any of them. I did bring my 3DS though, and snagged about 20 Street Passes from the other fans present. Shinya Arino arrived, said a few words, and then the fans lined up for pictures and such. Some of the most hardcore even brought gifts for him, which was pretty cool. I saw one guy who was carrying some boxes of cookies to hand him, one young woman gave him a CD with a song she said she recorded for him.

Some swag was also available (business cards, stickers, etc). I think I accidentally got more than what I was supposed to, so that was pretty embarrassing. >.>

So, yeah. The event was okay. I might show up on camera on a future episode of Game Center CX, so that will be...interesting.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By apathylad

Yesterday, the star of Retro Game Master (a.k.a. GameCenter CX) went to a fan event at the Little Tokyo Galleria Shopping Center, located in Los Angeles, California. I'm pretty new to the series, but the event wasn't too far from home, so I figured it would be a good opportunity to explore a new place. The shopping center itself is pretty nice, but the actual arcade where the event was held was ridiculously stuffy. There was no air conditioning in there, and there was well over one hundred people aching to meet the Kacho.

There were some decent arcade machines there, but I didn't line up to play any of them. I did bring my 3DS though, and snagged about 20 Street Passes from the other fans present. Shinya Arino arrived, said a few words, and then the fans lined up for pictures and such. Some of the most hardcore even brought gifts for him, which was pretty cool. I saw one guy who was carrying some boxes of cookies to hand him, one young woman gave him a CD with a song she said she recorded for him.

Some swag was also available (business cards, stickers, etc). I think I accidentally got more than what I was supposed to, so that was pretty embarrassing. >.>

So, yeah. The event was okay. I might show up on camera on a future episode of Game Center CX, so that will be...interesting.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Wow, I remember going to that arcade when Street Fighter IV barely came out. I never played anything in that arcade, by the way. Never saw that much people in that arcade either.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

The people in your video suck at air hockey. <_<

Anyway, it's cool that you got to go. He might not have said much, but I find his love for gaming very charming and genuine compared to how jaded and overly-critical gamers are these days.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hot_Karl

What is this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.