Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 01, 2007

Humans prepare to defend themselves from aliens known as "The Bane" in Tabula Rasa, an MMORPG from NCsoft that contains shooting aspects in its combat system.

This game keeps showing up in my local Walmart

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago and I continue to see it every time i go into the store. I just think it's weird that Walmart is selling it. I mean, who is going to even buy this? It $30 for something that doesn't work.

I suspect that this may be the same exact copy that I've spotted from time to time in this Walmart over the last few years. I know for a fact that I e-mailed Ryan about it years ago for the Bombcast and this package looks like it's been around for a while.

If anyone works at a Walmart what is the time frame for a game or DVD to just sit around before the store gets rid of it? This thing keeps popping up every few years in this store and I think it's haunting me. I'm very tempted to just buy it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

The security device is worth more than the game is.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

It's 8 bucks on Amazon, this is a bad deal for a game that is literally unplayable.

Is it legal to even sell this without a sticker that says it can't be played?

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

@corevi said:

It's 8 bucks on Amazon, this is a bad deal for a game that is literally unplayable.

Is it legal to even sell this without a sticker that says it can't be played?

I'm not sure. I half suspect that if I were to try and buy it it wouldn't even ring up.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The PC game section at a Wal-Mart is truly a sad place to be. You know how in Toy Story 2, that prospector toy was super sad that he always got overlooked and nobody wanted him and he just stayed in his original packaging forever? That is what it's like to be a PC game in a Wal-Mart.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

The PC game section at a Wal-Mart is truly a sad place to be. You know how in Toy Story 2, that prospector toy was super sad that he always got overlooked and nobody wanted him and he just stayed in his original packaging forever? That is what it's like to be a PC game in a Wal-Mart.

The Wal-Mart at my local mall also sells Game Boy Advance games in the PC game section. Just 2 or 3 random GBA games amongst a bunch of PC stuff. :\

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would honestly buy it just to put it on a shelf as a novelty item.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A couple of years ago my local Tesco was selling a 'new' Xbox. An original Xbox, and not even a Crystal.

They wanted £40.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.