Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Risen 3: Titan Lords

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 12, 2014

The third game in the Risen series, developed by Piranha Bytes.

New Risen 3 Trailer

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So I know there are a few people (Very few) like me here that are huge fans of the original Gothic series and the newer Risen series by Piranha Bytes, so I thought I'd show off the new trailer since this sub forum seems to be empty at the moment.

I pre-ordered this game as soon as it was available, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the game because of Risen 2 being a disappointment for some fans of the series. I personally enjoyed Risen 2 immensely, just not as much as the first game.

The trailer put a lot of my doubts to rest and made me extremely excited to get my hands on Risen 3 day one. It looks like Piranha Bytes has taken fan criticism to heart and made a lot of adjustments to the game to bring it more in line with the RPGs they used to make.

So anyway, the trailer!

Anyone else looking forward to playing this when it gets released? I know I'm not the only one here who has a fondness for these types of games!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So pumped for this game. I also really liked Risen 2. Then again I've loved every single one of these games. Even the off shoot Arcania. I wish more of these games were made more often. There is just something about these type of RPGs that I just dig.

I also recognized a gnome voice in that video, fuck yes!

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: I thought Arcania would have been way better if the areas were less linear and the skill system stayed the same as Gothic. The combat system is probably one of the better ones when looking at the more modern Piranha Bytes games though (I know Arcania isn't made by them but still). I thought it had some cool ideas definitely but they took out a lot of what made the Gothic games really charming and interesting for me personally. I never got around to finishing it anyway because the PC version runs like crap unless you have a really good computer, which I do not have at the moment. I can run all the Risen games and many other modern games on medium to high with my laptop but Arcania runs like garbage even on the lowest settings.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael: I played Arcania and Risen 2 on PS3. So I'll probably play Risen 3 on PS3 also. And Arcania ran like piss on the PS3 also. I even played Risen on the 360. I imported it from China months before it was to come out in the US. I haven't played one of their games on a PC since the last Gothic game. In fact I just recently replayed Gothic 3. Fun times.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm interested to see where the new one goes. Absolutely love Gothic 1 & 2 while Gothic 3 wasn't my type of deal. Skipped the non-PB offshoot and found Risen to be a return to form. Risen 2 is pretty great and flawed at the same time but I enjoyed it quite a bit personally. After all this time and PB repeating themselves a whole lot there still aren't many games quite like these so I usually enjoy playing one of 'em every couple of years.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like this game might be the Risen game many've thought PB could eventually make. I think I'll play this as I'm not happy with the direction Sacred 3's taking and I'm done buying yet another version of D3. Any live gameplay stuff from Comic-Con yet?

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By confusedowl

@pweidman: Not that I'm aware of but there is a lengthy lets play/preview of the game up on Youtube at the moment. It's all in German but it gives you a pretty good idea on how the game plays. I believe there are six parts, all of which seem to take place on the first island.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Never played a Gothic or Risen game, but the combat here looks alright!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In honor of this topic I am about to start playing Gothic 1.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By superfriend

Gotta finish Divinity before August 15...

Two RPGs is one RPG too many.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 days!

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

5 days!

If you are interested in seeing some more footage while you wait Deep Silver Streamed about 2 hours of the game on Twitch. Shows off quite a bit of the world/combat/factions.

I've been avoiding starting up any games so I can devote all my time to playing Risen, super excited!

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've already decided i'm dropping everything else i'm playing so I can play Risen 3. I played the hell out of the other games in the Risen series as well as the Gothic series. I doubt this one will be any different.

dusker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I actually tried Risen 2 the other day, and I found it really confusing and clunky. But, I only played about an hour. Am I missing something?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael said:

@sterling said:

5 days!

If you are interested in seeing some more footage while you wait Deep Silver Streamed about 2 hours of the game on Twitch. Shows off quite a bit of the world/combat/factions.

I've been avoiding starting up any games so I can devote all my time to playing Risen, super excited!

I'm actually avoiding all that stuff. I want to go in as fresh as possible. I also haven't started playing anything else for the same reason. I've just been bouncing around arcade games and FIFA.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By confusedowl

@dusker said:

I actually tried Risen 2 the other day, and I found it really confusing and clunky. But, I only played about an hour. Am I missing something?

Well, you started off with the game that many Gothic/Risen fans think is inferior but these games aren't made by a huge developer so some clunkiness is just expected in general, the combat does get better later on however. I'd say try the first Risen but the series may not be for you.

I honestly don't know if I would have ever loved Gothic/Risen as much as I do if I didn't play them when I was just starting to get into gaming, a big part may be nostalgia for me but every new game in the series I end up loving so I don't know. Maybe you just have to have a high tolerance for clunkiness.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Evilsbane

I did not like the original Gothic games, or the newer Gothic games I tried and...just christ. But Risen is great I really liked the first one, its more or less budget Skyrim but they had some decent quest design and the faction stuff was pretty cool. I didn't touch Risen 2 because even Risen 1 fans just didn't seem happy with it, I actually got it in a bundle buy at some point so it is there on Steam but I just haven't touched it.

This looks pretty great looks like everything I liked about Risen 1.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Tennmuerti

Risen 1 was mediocre to bad imo.

I gave them a second chance with Risen 2 despise my misgivings. And that pirate RPG had less pirate in it then AC4 did for goodness sake. Another clunky and shallow game to boot.

Not gonna give them a third pass.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By civid

Group hug involving everyone who loved the Gothic series :D Is Piranha Bytes still consisting of the same people who made those games?EDIT: Watching the video walkthrough this certainly has my attention. Will be looking forward to this ones release

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played for about 90-120 minutes today. Its not grabbing me right off the bat like all the others. And man does it look bad on the PS3. I should have went PC for this. The draw distance is terrible. Like really bad. The last two games looked nowhere near this bad on PS3.

cr0550ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sorta fell for risen 3‏

- risen was dissapointing

- risen 2 just seemed bad

- risen 3 still has clunky as fuck combat but is at least - if not more - fun than gothic 3 was

/drop opinion mic

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.